Monday, 30 April 2012

The Greeting Farm May Previews: Prince Ian

Hi everyone and welcome to the last day of The Greeting Farm MAY PREVIEWS.

As you've heard all week, we are super excited to add ONE NEW PREMIERE FARMER this month! Please join us in welcoming RACHEL PARYS to the TGF Design Team... we are thrilled to have her and her beautiful cardmaking skills on board!

Second, we've made some changes to TGF Challenges and are very grateful to have received such positive feedback so far as we've turned them over to our Showcase DT.   Please make sure you visit the TGF Blog (and check out it's cute new makeover while you're there!) and tune into the Left-hand sidebar for all of our current challenges in ONE place!

Today we are previewing PRINCE IAN! 

Supplies
 Crown shapes - freehand (own!)
Random papers from stash
Glitter, gems, Viva Decor Copper glitter pen
Sentiment composed and printed in MS Word

I folded a piece of 148mm square white card in half and then drew a rough crown shape.  I folded this in half and cut it out (to ensure the shape was symmetrical).  I then unfolded it and covered the crown shape with gold patterned paper then trimmed off the excess.  I then freehand drew the blue crown shape onto blue patterned paper, again folded it in half, then cut it out to ensure it was symmetrical. I glued it on to the gold base and then trimmed off the excess.  I did the same with the white "fur" trim, but added glitter for texture as I don't have anything like fun flock or that stuff that foams up when heated!  I then found an old Prima gem to pop on the top of the crown and tried to replicate its pattern by adding tiny dots of copper Viva Decor pen around the gems adorning the blue crown.  I love the Viva Decor pens as to do this with sticky gems would be a nightmare!  A couple of lines of coppery dots, Prince Ian and a sentiment, and it was complete!

I cannot apologise enough for only having one card to show you today. :(  I don't know if you remember, but I was super, super ill around this time 2 months ago, and that illness made me miss the TGF March release blog hop and also kept me bed-bound for almost 3 weeks! (I haven't been ill like that in years and had everything imaginable!).  Well, our darling daughter has been off school all week with a sore throat, cough and fever, and guess what? ... yep, I now have it but a million times worst!!  I visited my GP on Friday, who told me that because of the severity of my illness last time and that I've only had a matter of weeks as being "well", my immune system and chest haven't recovered fully and to expect it to be much worse!  So I woke yesterday morning after hardly any sleep and suffice to say, he was right!  A trip to the out-of-hours Saturday doc confirmed that I have very severe strepp throat, a crackle when I'm exhaling (so have to use an inhaler again which makes me gag!), an ear infection and an awful cough. Groundhog Day?  I am back on antibiotics, high dose painkillers, and various other more herbal-type aids (if I don't sip warm honey, lemon and water drink constantly I can't stop coughing which rips my throat to shreds!)  I am so frustrated and angry right now. I can't believe that I am this ill AGAIN in a matter of a few months, and that it's right at TGF release time too!! Are the Gods conspiring against me? lol!

So I managed to finish this Prince Ian card, but I haven't got the energy to sit and make another. I'm SO sorry!!!  I am determined NOT to miss the May Release hop tomorrow, so I will have something, even if it's not up to my 'usual' standards.

Sorry to ramble on and 'moan' but I wanted to convey how utterly sorry I am! :(

Onto happier things! Would you like to WIN your very own PRINCE IAN rubber stamp? We're giving away a stamp during each day of previews, so be sure to visit the TGF BLOG for all the info about how to enter the draw!

Last but not least, please join us for our RELEASE DAY BLOG HOP full of prizes and fun TOMORROW, when all NEW STAMPS will be available to buy from the Farm!

Thanks for dropping by!
Hope you're all keeping well.

Big hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Hi Semonne,love the crown with the bling.Such a sweet card with sweet prince.
    hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to make a crown card for the new prince Ian!! How cute...Today is a "royal" day bankholiday ( "queensday" )in the Netherlands..did you know???
    I am living in Italy but was born in Holland that's why I know.
    Anyway great original card Simonne..Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are ill again--hope you are better soon.
    Your crown card is fantastic and I like the copper dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg - your rough crown shape is adorable! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable, love the crown with the handsome prince

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. Awesome job!! I just love it. Tfs
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get out! That crown is genius! What a fabulous idea!!!! He looks super cute, and I love the color! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crown shape is just – WOW! Love the bling :) and I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shaped card! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWE!!!! Love your card!!! how awesome you drew the shape too!!! I wish you a speedy recovery too!!! hugs and Get Well wishes going out to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic crown idea! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the crowned shape card for Prince Ian - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x