Tuesday, 20 March 2012

SCRSC75B: Sketch Challenge & Shopping Emily


Hi everyone! I am so pleased to report that I am slowly getting back to normal after being so ill. I can't believe I am now into my 4th week! I spent the first 2.5 weeks in bed and wasn't able to take E to school for 3 weeks, but today was the first time I have been able to - yay! Still coughing, but after my consult with the doc this morning I am secure in the knowledge that I am on the mend! I hope you are all safe and well, and if not, I wish you a very speedy recovery. :)

Today is week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #75 and we have a wonderful sketch for you to follow for this challenge by our very own and all-round amazing Kim!


SCRS is also sponsoring today's Inspirational Sketch Challenge, so do visit them for another opportunity to win some lovely Sparkle Creations stamps!



For my challenge card I used Shopping Emily and the "Pamper yourself" sentiment from Relaxing Charlotte. Both these stamps are available to buy from the SCRS store (or from My Mum's Craft Shop if you live in the UK/Europe).

I used some yummy Fancy Pants "Be You" 6x6 paper and some kraft and black cardstock. Shopping Emily was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics (I also did a little paper piecing!).

I added some 1/8" black ric rac as a border (love doing this!), some black grosgrain ribbon and a 10mm black polka dot button threaded with some Rustic Cream Button Twine to my sentiment tag, all from the lovely Emma at http://www.sewsweet.co.uk/.

Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen and the winner of challenge 75 will receive the lovely Cocktail Emily rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. You have until Sunday 25 March @ 9.00PM PST to play along with challenge 75.

Please visit the rest of the SCRS Design Team B to take a peek at their fabulous challenge creations:


Thanks so much for dropping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I love the paper piecing you did!

    hugs,
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Sem! Love the combination of coloring and piecing! The colors and papers are perfect with this sassy image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love the colors of your papers, and your paper piecing! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card it´s precious !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! LOVE your paper piecing! FAB papers---and I LOVE your take on this sketch! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was browsing online and came upon this project you did of Shopping Emily and must say - LOVE it! Beautiful job with everything!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x