Sunday, 26 February 2012

Whimsy Stamps February Release - Showcase Day 5


Hello and welcome to Day 5 of our February Rubber Die Release Showcase!

On Wednesday (22 February) Whimsy Stamps released this month's rubber designs and new Shapeology dies. From then until 28 February the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new stamps and dies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today's hop!

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy Inspirations blog on 29 February.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...

Ann Vento
Deb Routledge {Special Guest}
Debbie Eastman
Dena Concienne {Special Guest}
Patricia Garcia
YOU ARE HERE ---> Simonne Clay <---YOU ARE HERE

For today's creation I inked up the adorable Little Playmates illustrated by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps. Once I'd coloured this cute image with Copics I decided I wanted it to look like a photograph from an album and so I used one of the 4 dies from the new Corner Dies Set. This set is fabulous and something that I have been wanting for a long time! For the sentiment I stamped one of the new I Heart You Tabs 2 sentiments in Walnut Stain and used the new co-ordinating Tab 2 die to cut it out. Finally I added some yummy Hot Chocolate buttons and Kraft Button Twine from http://www.sewsweet.co.uk/.


Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

I also would like to share a card our daughter, Erin, (who is 10 yrs) made this morning for her grandad's birthday.  This card is extra special as she drew the image 100% herself - no copying or referencing or help or anything!!


Grandad (my dad!) is a big fan of Wallace & Gromit and dd wanted to make him a W&G card. I said that she could print something out from the internet, but no, she wanted to draw it.  I gave her a piece of white card, told her to draw the picture in pencil first and then go over it with a fineliner before colouring. She sat in the lounge doing this whilst I was catching up on my FB games (hehe!) and so I can confirm that she drew this picture 100% herself - no referring to the www or intervention from anyone!  Yes, I am one VERY proud mummy right now! *grin*  Perhaps a digi stamp artist in the making? Who knows! :)

She chose everything for this card, even down to the green gems in the corners, and the balloon sentiment was all her idea.  She took a while to look through my sentiments, but as soon as she saw this one from the Whimsy Stamps Party Mini Letter Seals set she said it was "perfect, as Wallace always says things are grand!".

My role in this masterpiece was simply to cut the paper and card for her under her direction, as my guillotine is pretty temperamental and I certainly didn't fancy a trip to A&E, lol!  Oh, and I did tie that tiny bow. as well. Everything else was her! (But I think her layout was inspired by my card, hee hee!)

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check the Whimsy Inspirations blog tomorrow for more new release creations!

Hugs,

44 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards with awesome colouring!
    fabulous!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful! I love the puppy and how you colored him. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your DD - following Mum's footsteps? Your card is great too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I love the papers you used and that puppy is just too cute. :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dog stamp! And the colouring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your DD is really an artist,wow what a fabolous card,your dad will love it!
    You card is fabolous too Simonne lol,that puppy is so adorable!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely!.. And she learns from her mother.. :o).. Cute images and Great use of Die cuts! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. Love the images and papers. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great card. Love this image outside and the image inside is so funny.

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, fabulous image and amazing colouring, he is just gorgeous...Your daughters card has blown me away, absolutely wonderful, and knew who they were the minute I saw them, fantastic drawing and colouring, a very clever girl...grandad will be over the moon, when he see's this card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so fun!!!! Gorgeous bright papers and the images are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great card! Love the stamp and colors! The card your daughter made is wonderful, great drawing! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, fabulous cards, love how you made the grass around the dog, very cute!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dog is sweet. I really like the buttons on the cards.
    Hugs from Poland Mili

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simonne, your card looks darling. I love your coloring, the paper you chose and the buttons and corners you added.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are terrific cards. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card; this stamp is certainly my most favourite of the new release. Your daughter did a very good job; her card is fantastic I am sure granddad is going to love this one. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute image, love your papers
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY Erin! That is wonderful! I love those kooky characters too. I would've never been able to draw them like that! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Sem & your daughter is talented just like her crafty Mum & her card is fab too :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sem,love your card but what a creative clever daughter you have. She must have inhereted your talent!! Compliments for you Erin! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a fab card huni and you sure have a talented daughter too her drawing is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun image - and I love the sentiment, too!

    And there's only one thing to say about your DD's card - "Cracking card, Erin!!" Seriously, that is brilliant drawing!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like mother like daughter, both cards look great. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely adorable card. Congratulations to your talented daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is very cute. I love your designpapers and details. Your daugthers card is gorgeous, fantastic image, she has a big talent.
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  27. That little dog is just so cute and coloured beautifully. Love the papers used.
    Great card from your daughter too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the dog image and you colored it absolutely beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card and colors. Love your daughter's card, she is a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tee hee, so cute, just want to reach into the screen and give him hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both cards are gorgeous but the second one is too funny! Lol! Love your coloring and dp!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute cards. Love the background paper on the puppy card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, you card is cute but your daughter's card is super cute. She is quite an artist already, super job ladies, tfs...Kim
    kim.scrapper@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love those papers! Your daughter is quite talented. As soon as I saw her card, I said "Wallace and Gromit"! Fantastic job coloring the images to you both!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOL, your DD is truly an artist, love the card! as well as your card, love the shading in the background and your coloring , cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh! Wow! Two very stunning cards..er..which one was for the blog hop lol!! Stunning card Erin I bet your granddad is going to be so proud of this!!
    On too mums card now, stunning hun...you have really made this image come alive with your colouring.. and fabulous papers to go with it, lovely sentiment and embellishments make up a really stunning card!
    Think I will have to become a follower so I can come back and see more wonderful creations!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great cards- love the papers you used on them- such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The pup is too, too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the little dog card hun he's very cute.. but I have to say your daughter Erin's card steals the show..! Smiles.. she is one talented little girl and a I do have a soft spot for Wallace & Gromit. Hehe. She has done an amazing job here.. please pass on my congratulations to her! Wow!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x