Thursday, 9 February 2012

SCRS Preview: Leprechaun Oliver

Hi everyone and welcome to the first day of our Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps February release previews.

Today we are showcasing Leprechaun Oliver who comes with a "wishing you good luck" sentiment. All new releases will be available to buy from the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store on Saturday 11 February.



I had a tonne of fun colouring up this image!  (I did an extensive search on the www to make sure I got the colours right, otherwise it would have bugged me, lol!).  An interesting fact I found along the way was that the original dress of a leprechaun was a red coat edged in gold as opposed to the green we now all associate with these little guys.

Colouring was done with Copics as per usual and I used quite an array of different greens to get the colour I wanted. I decided that he was drinking a pint of good old Guiness (don't like the stuff myself) so I coloured his alejar brown rather than gold.   I used a Gold Copic Spica glitter pen for the gold trim on his clothes and buckles, even though the sparkle is very subtle (those of you who have these pens will know what I mean!).

I don't know how long it takes you to make a card, but I realised whilst making this one that I spend most of my time faffing around with layouts and embellishments! See that cute Prima layered flower?  Well, it took me 45 minutes ... yes, you read that right, 45 minutes to finally decide on that 3 flower layer!!  (And believe me I don't have a lot of flowers, just a small pot of the green ones!).  I really must spend less time doing this, or invest in a cute flower die so I can use felt or patterned paper that I know will match (I have my eye on an MFT one).  Anyway, that's quite enough chat, hee hee! 

Be sure to visit the rest of the fabulous SCRS designers for more peeks of Leprechaun Oliver. Sparkle will be giving away a Leprechaun Oliver rubber stamp to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designers' Leprechaun Oliver blog posts (listed below) then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Leprechaun Oliver post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.


I hope you all have a great Thursday! I'll be back tomorrow with a darling new Karber clear set preview!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. OMG he is a little cutie. Love your card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Gr8 card, and I love how you framed him out.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely stunning!

    Sheila
    Http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Sem! Love the rich greens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Simone. Wonderful selection of papers and great coloring. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I just love this card--great use of papers and those dies in the center are amazing! I really should invest in some dies! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my Simonne - this definitely has a Celtic feel to it. Those papers are divine! I think this might be my fave card on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leprechaun Oliver is so cute. He is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZERS!!! your coloring of him is Amazing!! I love this card too!
    Hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I love the paper you used. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your card! It is fabulous and amazing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this Oliver card!! The deeper green is such a fantastic choice (although I don't know that I would have spent so long choosing a flower, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! your coloring is amazing, Sem! what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x