Wednesday, 29 February 2012

The Greeting Farm March Previews: Sitting Cute

Hi everyone! Today is the final day of The Greeting Farm March previews and we are previewing the suitably named "Sitting Cute" rubber stamp set.

For my first creation I created a scene. I used Basic Grey Piccadilly 6x6 paper for everything except the wooden floor (paper for this is from the Echo Park This & That Charming collection kit). I paper-pieced Anya's sofa, cushions and also the blanket across the back of the sofa (although you can't see that part very well!). Everything was inked with Vintage Photo distress ink. The sentiment is part of the stamp set and I tried to create a picture to hang on Anya's wall with it! :)  Button, seam binding and button twine from http://www.sewsweet.co.uk


For my second creation I used the cute cushion stamp that comes in the set and created a clean & simple card using some Echo Park This & That Graceful 6x6 paper. The diamond strip down the right side is from the alpha stickers page from the same line.


Want to WIN "Sitting Cute?" Pop over to the TGF blog to see how to enter, but basically all you need to do is leave a comment on the blogs of the DT who are previewing this stamp set today. You have until 11pm CST tonight to leave comments and we'll announce the winner tomorrow when we will hold a release day blog hop!! Woo-hoo!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

36 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous hun, you really have brought this card to life!! She looks just like she is sitting in someone's lounge..love the papers and she is so beautifully coloured..love it!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!! Love the new images!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sem, these are So SWEET.
    hUGS
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I see these creations, the more sure I am I have to have these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your cards are gorgeous! And Anya is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I love this two cards !! Originals and beautiful !!! Love the stamp, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love how you colored her hair and how your fabulous paper piecing of the sofa matches the frame in your first card and how all the pillows are paper pieced with different coordinating patterns in the second job. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Sem what truly beautiful creations, I absolutely adore the first one, I love the scene you've created and your framed sentiment works perfectly. The second card is super cute too, but I've fallen in love with the first one.
    Truly stunning work
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am amazed at your paper piecing! Gorgeous choice of papers and your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! Love how she sits on that pile of cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, both of them are so wonderful..Love how she sits on things..GREAT job
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too stinkin' cute! Love the gorgeous patterned papers you used for the comfy couch & pillows too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card and the layout you did. Loving those pillows...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable cards, love the living room scene you created x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's hard to pick out just a couple of things I love about this card. I love the ribbon and button, the floor, the walls, the girlie girl, the background papers....

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both so cute! I love the warm and cozy room you created on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are so so beautiful i just love them with the paper pieceing and everything it looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I would love to win her! These cards are beyond cute!!! Your coloring is fantastic! I really love the red flower paper on the first card, might have to find me that paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flowery papers you used are just so great for these cards. They remind me of Maryanne on Gilligan's Island for some reason. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, love it all!!! Awesome cards...love how you incorporated the patterned paper with the images (couch,pillow).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Copic skills are so good. I would like to be that good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors! And I love your coloring! Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards--I like the papers you used and the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It couldn't be any better. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sooooo cute!! Love these creations Sem! (btw, hope you feel better soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. She is the cutest!!! Adorable cards and love the paper-piecing!! Gorgeous! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic cards Sem! Love how you created the background with the floor and the wallpaper :) Your colouring is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love your cards!!! The colors and paper you used are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is super cute Simone!
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simonne, After looking at your cards, I just want to open them up and read the story that should accompany them. They are gorgeous - I love the color combinations that you used. Thanks for sharing! :) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards Simonne!! I just love that you create a scene. I'm waiting for the story that comes with it :)
    Thanks!
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x