Sunday, 1 January 2012

TGF Release Day!


HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!

2012 is already off to an awesome start because it's RELEASE DAY at The Greeting Farm! Can I hear a "woo-hoo"?

We are SO excited because not only are there a tonne of new releases available in the store today, there are a TONNE of new faces being introduced on the TGF BLOG! We are welcoming 8 new Design Team members to our "SHOWCASE" team, the team that will be carrying you through until our next round of previews in March.   Our new SHOWCASE team will be bringing you lots of fresh ideas using our new releases and some fun tutorials and other special posts along the way.

The fabulous SIX new releases we have been previewing for the last week or so are now available to buy in the TGF Store! And if you fancy being popped into the draw to WIN all six of them, simply hop around and say hello to our new PREMIERE and SHOWCASE teams.

For my new release creations I decorated a Moleskine Notebook and made a Gable Box.

This is the first time I have coloured an actual image properly on kraft using Copics - eek!!!  It was SO different - you have to choose your colours very carefully, lol! I stamped CC Madden in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured with Copics as per usual. I found that this paper soaked up the ink a lot so I had to use a lot more that I would normally do when colouring on white card. If you missed the 2 preview cards I made with CC Madden last week, please CLICK HERE to take a peek.



For my second project I decided to make a Gable Box (again, first time I have made one of these - super easy!).  This is actually my 2nd attempt. I made the first from purple card and was going to go down a gothic, dark kind of road with it but once I'd made the box I couldn't find any paper that worked - oops!! So I started again with good old kraft cardstock and voila:


I really wanted to use the larger of the sentiments from the Lucky Bunnies stamp set (LOVE the font!). So I stamped it twice onto kraft cardstock using Vintage Photo ink and doodled around the edges with a brown fineliner.  If you would like to see the card and corner bookmark I made with the other stamps in this fab clear set, please CLICK HERE for my preview post.


Myself and the rest of the TGF team hope you've enjoyed the last week or so of previews, announcements and are SO grateful that you are sharing in our excitement as TGF rings in the NEW YEAR!

HAPPY 2012 everyone!  Now be sure to head over to The Greeting Farm Blog to check out all of the FUN!

Thanks so much for popping by!

Hugs,


Supplies
Stamps: TGF CC Madden; TGF Lucky Bunnies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Moleskine Notebook
Copics
Embellishments: Sew Sweet - Seam Binding; Sew Sweet - Kraft Button Twine; 4mm flatback pearls
Tools: Inverted Corner Rounder punch; Oval and Scalloped Oval punches

74 comments:

  1. oh wow! I love your dream journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE both my friend! I hope you had a wonderful new year!
    Hugs,
    Peg xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, new release day! I'm going to have to try Copics on Kraft, your coloring looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creations like always.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love both of your projects, and your presentation is superb!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great project! TFS xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo Hoo!! Love your designs! Awesome! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Beautiful projects! And the images of TGF are gorgeous!
    Ani

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the coloring you did on the craft background. It looks so cool! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Sem!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - just hopping by to say "hallo"
    Congrats with your new members of the design team.
    :-) Nina
    http://ninashobby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both brilliant, Sem! I love the colours and amazing colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I must stamp on kraft card more. You have inspired me! Happy New Year!

    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects! These little booklets make great gifts as well :) Congrats on the DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that dream journal is so cute ! i am really going to make one for my own ;-)

    your gable box is so cute ! love the doodling around the edges ;-)

    have a great and creative 2012 !

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both amazing! Love the notebook - such a clever idea....and the gable box would make any friend smile for days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great example of colouring on kraft with Copics - never tried it myself! And the gable box is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! gorgeous projects. Love kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these projects! I love stamping on craft cardstock! Thanks and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both your projects!

    jlieungh23@gmail.com
    http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very neat journal and the gable box so cute! tfs! HUgs, Jas

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job!! I love your card and box. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects. I especially love the pretty little gable box!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness! Madden looks so cute! What a unique way to stamp and color a TGF image! I would have never thought to try to color on kraft! :) WOW! LOVE IT!

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous creations, Sem! I'm scared to color on kraft... I'll just admire you from afar, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous projects. I love the coloring on kraft especially - she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These projects are fabulous! I love the look youget when stamping/coloring on the moleskin, and what a great gift box you made, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulous projects! I love coloring on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW!!! Simply stunning!!! TFS! Hopping on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. great job on the copics and kraft paper. Madden looks adorable and the box is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just adorable! I love the packaging you made and the little journal....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woooo Hoo.... I love release day! I am in love with BOTH projects, and can't decide which one I love more... But wowee, that gable box is to die for... thanks so much Sem for your talent and inspiration, as well as a chance to win this release.
    Happiest New Year,
    Big Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous CC Madden! Love it. Congrats and welcome to the Farm family!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic projects! Wonderful coloring and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Great journal :) Love your colouring!!!


    xoxo
    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  36. She is magnificent! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just love coloring on "kraft and you have done an amaing job.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the simplicity of the note book. The way you colored her on kraft...WOW! She looks amazing.

    Your second project is too cute! I like the way you used your stamps. Great little gift.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your projects, images and coloring are all beautiful! Happy New Year from your newest follower!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great coloring on the notebook and the gable box is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  41. How cool! Love the image stamped on kraft! That pink seam binding beautiful, too! Congrats on your DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your Kraft paper projects! Both are stunners! I've never tried to use Copics on Kraft paper but I can just imagine how different it would be. You did a beautiful job!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! Awesome projects!! very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy New Year!!!
    Love the gable box... and the journal is a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love Madden in Kraft...very nice! So is the gable box...I'm going to have to give it a try, thanks for the inspiration!
    :Dx
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOW your moleskin notebook is amazing I love how you coloured it, really striking, love the gable box too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love 3d items! These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  48. love your journal cover...I just finished the Heart Journal with TGF and I want to continue it for the new year. This is great idea for a cover. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Such gorgeous project Simonne. Your coloring is just as amazing as always even using a different medium. You've inspired me to give a moleskin book a try too. :)

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful New Year!!
    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your Dream journal is adorable!!! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great projects Simonne! I especially love how the image looks when colored on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  52. These are both wonderful!! I love the box, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow, beautiful notebook and gable box! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Happy New Year to you too! You know,k I don't often see these little ladies stamped on kraft cardstock, looks good! And your treat box looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great projects!! Love the Moleskin journals.
    Happy New Year
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ohhhhhhh what unique looking cards. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  57. LOVED THEM BOTH!!!! GORGEOUS coloring!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great projects! Have to try coloring on kraft cards.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy New Year, Simonne! I love how you think outside the box on your creations and try different materials. Thanks for sharing your creativity and how you worked out the 'pitfalls' - looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great job on the altered journal. sweet idea

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the book cover and the box! Both are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow... cute, cute, cute!
    Love how paper kraft look on your work!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Adore both your projects, Simonne! I can't get enough of you colouring in Madden!

    ReplyDelete
  64. WOW! Such AWESOME projects and your colouring on Kraft is PHENOMENAL!

    I'm SO glad to be joining the TGF family, too, and look forward to seeing all of your TGF creations!

    Wishing you ALL the BEST in 2012,
    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x