Tuesday, 24 January 2012

SCRSC71B: Tea Set Rin


Hi everyone and welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #71! This week we have a fabulous sketch by Kim to follow and you have until Sunday 29 January @ 9.00PM PST to play along.

For my challenge creation I used Tea Set Rin.  As you may remember, I was unhappy with my Tea Set Rin release card and even though I already had a card ready for today's challenge, I decided to make a new one using this adorable stamp from our newest release.  I'm pleased to report that I am much happier with this attempt! :)


Supplies
SCRS Tea Set Rin rubber stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Copic markers
Basic Grey 'Picadilly' 6x6 paper
Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Wonky Rectangles' (S4-306)
15mm Double Faced Satin Ribbon - Old Gold (from Sew Sweet @ 35p/yd)
15mm Sheer Ruffle Ribbon - Gold (from Sweet @ 49p/yd)


Yesterday (23 January) was Chinese New Year and even though I wasn't consciously thinking about it, I can see now that it definitely influenced my choice of red and gold colour scheme, lol!  I made some ruffly ribbon flowers (first time ever!) using some of the gorgeous 15mm Sheer Gold Ruffle Ribbon from Sew Sweet.  Super easy - all you need is a needle and thread!  The 15mm Double Faced Satin Ribbon - Old Gold is also from Sew Sweet and is a BARGAIN at only 35p a yard!!  I have to say that the 15mm Double Faced Satin Ribbon that Emma stocks at Sew Sweet is the most beautiful and best satin ribbon I have ever used.  It is such amazing quality and there are 25 different colours to choose from.  I also love the width of it and it makes the most gorgeous bows!

Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and challenge 71's winner will receive Snow Angel RubyIn order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.

Thanks so much for dropping by today and I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Happy NEW Year!!! What a fabulous card--LOVE the paper designs and LIttle Rin's dress! OHHHH! GORGEOUS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! I really appreciate you helping me out this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x