Saturday, 14 January 2012

SCRS Preview & Release Day: Tea Set Rin

Hi everyone and welcome to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps January RELEASE DAY!

Today we are showcasing the fabulous Tea Set Rin - I so {heart} this stamp! All new release stamps are available to buy from the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store RIGHT NOW, yay!


Ingredients
Bitter Chocolate Bazzill cardstock
Chocolate Brown Seam Binding (currently 25% off from Sew Sweet)
4mm black gems

Unfortunately I'm not veyr pleased with my card. :( I ADORE the stamp and I'm happy with my colouring and paper choices, but after that it went a bit "blah".  I won't tell you how long I sat fiddling around with layouts when I was working on this card! I think my mojo was on holiday, lol! In the end I resorted to an old layout I used a while ago (I think it was one of Jen's 2011 SFYTT) ... and once I'd stuck everything down I started having ideas like "I could have used my new wonky rectangles nesties" - doh!!  I may try adding some "Lori Boyd" style multi-coloured dots around her to take your eye away from the expanse of white. Anyhoo, the rest of the DT have done a superb job with their cards, so do hop on over to their blogs to take a peek!

Sparkle will be giving away Tea Set Rin to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Tea Set Rin blog posts (links listed below), then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Tea Set Rin post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.


Thanks for dropping by! I promise I'll do better for my SCRS challenge card on Tuesday!

Hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the richness of those reds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to worry! It's pretty! Love the color choices and the layout. Nice touch with the gems and your coloring is wonderful!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image and so useful. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card came out very nice! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simonne, I think you are way too hard on yourself! I really like your card. Great job :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Sem! I think you're being too hard on yourself... love the rich colors and the white background behind her really makes Rin pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card. It is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is divine. One swell image.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the dramatic red and black color scheme. Gives a whole different feel to the image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card and image! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really don't see why you feel blah about the card. It's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! Great color combo and dp! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red is also my favorite colour when I make oriental cards....youir card is just WAUW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the symmetry of this card, it makes the image really pop! Gorgeous coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Gorgeous coloring and i love all the red- so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it still turned out lovely! I love her in red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x