Thursday, 12 January 2012

SCRS Preview: Nurse Lucy

Hi everyone and welcome to the first day of our Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps January release previews.

Today we are showcasing the adorable Nurse Lucy who comes with the "get better soon" sentiment. All new release will be available to buy from the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store on Saturday 14 January.

ETA: The eagle-eyed amongst you who are hopping in order would have spotted that Margie's and my card are extremely similar, even down to the choice of paper we used for paper-piecing!  I can assure you that no copying has taken place on my part, lol! I hadn't seen Margie's card until I hopped around myself this morning. Great minds think alike, eh? LOL :)

I used some yummy new MME Love Me 6x6 paper (from My Mum's Craft Shop), some delicious 10mm *new* double-faced satin ribbon (from Sew Sweet) and the fab Sweet Sketch Sunday sketch #149 (in its mirror image).  Sparkle is sponsoring the Sweet Sketch Sunday challenge with 2 adorable stamps, and you still have a day or so to get your entries in for a chance to win!

Be sure to visit all the rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Hockey Oliver. Sparkle will be giving away Nurse Lucy to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Nurse Lucy blog posts (links listed below), then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Nurse Lucy post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.


I hope you have a great Thursday! Thanks, as always, for popping by!

Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOW! This is a gorgeous card--I LOVE the papers you used and that design is GREAT! LOVE your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make anyone feel better! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sketch and a beautiful card. This would surely make me smile to receive after my past week in the hospital--well I would love it any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, I love the image and your paper piecing looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card! Guess you both have love on the brain! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job. The paper piecing is amazing. Love the kleenex box and the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is lovely! and isn't it funny how two people can get the same ideas. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Another delightful image beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is great love the embossing behind the image nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Sem! Love all the hearts, especially the sweet embossing behind Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! I love how we used the same papers for our paper piecing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card!! I like your paper piecing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Nurse Nancy! And I am now a new blog follower!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. tee hee...I did do a double-take when I saw your card! Great crafters apparently think alike! Both are equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. if i were really poorly this card would absolutely cheer me up Simonne : )

    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omgosh! Great minds do think alike because that plaid outfit is perfect!! LOVE it and your piecing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I sure hope no one is sick on Valentine's Day but this would be sure to cheer them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful card! Great paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x