Thursday, 8 December 2011

SCRS Preview: Hockey Oliver

Hi everyone and welcome to the first sneak peek day of our last Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps release of 2011.  I can't believe there are only 23 days left of this year and only 17 more sleeps until Christmas!! Eek! I am SO not ready, lol!

Today we are showcasing the awesome Hockey Oliver who comes with a fabby sentiment stamp that reads 'Slap Shot;. All new release stamps will be available to buy from the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Store on Saturday (10 December) - just in time for treating yourself to a sparkly Christmas present! :)


I confess to knowing nothing about ice hockey, so I used the net to search for some ice hockey uniforms to help me colour Hockey Oliver.  Whilst I was surfing, I found the GB Ice Hockey website and so decided to replicate their uniform.  Then I spent ages digging through my papers to try to find some red and blue to match, but I couldn't find anything suitable.  So I then hit upon the idea to make the base of the card a Union Jack Flag!  Being the type of person I am, I wanted to make the proportions perfect and so after a bit of searching I found them on Wiki! :)  I'm really pleased with how my Union Jack turned out!  Now I have the measurements all figured out, I will be able to make some Olympic cards for next year.  London 2012 will be the 3rd consecutive Olympic Games my brother has competed in as part of the Men's Recurve Archery Team GB! :)
Be sure to visit all the rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Hockey Oliver. Sparkle will be giving away Hockey Oliver to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Hockey Oliver blog posts (links listed below), then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Hockey Oliver post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.




Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Such a darling card! And I love how your flag came out. That's so cool for your brother and his team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing idea Sem - I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squee! I love how this came out!! I just adore hockey, and hockey players. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this, Sem! The flag behind him is brilliant! That's great news about your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliver turned out great. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sem this is AWESOME!! Gr8 job!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card!! The flag background is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out beautifully! The hunt for the perfect papers worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing card! You really outdone yourself with this one! It's stunning :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really cool card! Love the Union Jack background. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So if you need Field Hockey Uniforms we can help you. Visit our website to see existing designs or contact us to discuss your own design.


    Hockey Uniforms

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x