Friday, 30 December 2011

Are you feeling lucky?

Hellloooooo everyone!!

Are you ready for some more The Greeting Farm January release previews? Today we are previewing a new and totally adorable clear set called "Lucky Bunnies". (The eagle-eyed die-hard TGF fans out there will spot that this is an updated and new version of an old retired set of 2008.)

For my 2 projects I decided to make a card and matching corner bookmark for my niece's upcoming birthday (she loves to read and is a real bookworm).  I love creating "scene cards" and as soon as I saw this stamp set I just couldn't resist, lol! 

This is also my entry into the January MFT Guest Designer Contest where they are asking you to paper-piece.  I don't need to be asked twice to use all-time fave technique, lol!  I paper-pieced the tummies and ears of the bunnies, the presents, and one of the balloons (the stamp has one balloon, but I stamped a second balloon onto patterned paper, cut it out and positioned it behind the first).

I also used my brand new MFT Die-namics die set "By The Letters" for the very first time (bought from My Mum's Craft Shop).  I thought it would be fun to add some yummy Sew Sweet - Baker's Twine as actual strings of the balloons and I also made a teeny tiny hair bow out of it for one of the bunnies - I love my twine!  [Emma has added Baker's Twine to the SALE section at Sew Sweet and it is currently 25% off!]



I created a border on the reverse of the bookmark using one of the accessory stamps of this adorable clear stamp set - SO easy to do!!!  I also stamped the "Wrapped in Hugs" sentiment stamp to finish:



Do hop on over to the TGF Blog to see today's GORGEOUS "Lucky Bunnies" preview creations by the team - sooooo cute! :)))  Only 2 more sleeps 'til RELEASE DAY!! WOO-HOO!!!!!! :))

Thanks so much for dropping by!  And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! See you in 2012!

Hugs,


Supplies
Stamps: TGF Lucky Bunnies (clear set)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Colouring Medium: Copics (E33 E31 E30 R20; R81 R83 R85; Y13)
Paper: Echo Park 6x6 pad
Card: White, Kraft
Tools: MFT dies; Martha Stewart border punches, Corner round punch
Other: SU Glitter, Sew Sweet - Baker's Twine

7 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous set card and bookmark set, it really makes me think of Spring.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet set, love them! I will have to add the alphabet dies to my wish list now too... so many toys...
    Hugs,
    Peg xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Good luck with the designer contest - looks like a shoe-in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, love this card and I have a little girl who would love it too! You really encouraging me to buy those 'by the letters' die-namics!!! So want them, better save up fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute, love the strings you've added and the adorable bun buns!!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x