Monday, 21 November 2011

Whimsy Stamps November Release Showcase - Day 5


Hi again and welcome to Day 5 of the Whimsy Stamps November Rubber Die Release Showcase!

On Wednesday (16 November) Whimsy Stamps released this month's rubber designs and new shapeology dies. From then until 23 November the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new stamps and dies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today's hop!

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced here on the Whimsy Inspirations blog after 12.00PM EST on 23 November.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...

Beate Johns {Special Guest}
Deb Routledge {Special Guest}
Debbie Eastman
Ellie Stover
Erin Bailey
Jacque Beddingfield {Special Guest}
YOU ARE HERE ---> Simonne Clay <--- YOU ARE HERE
Stephanne Maraver
Sylvia Blum

For today's new release creation I have used the stunning Raindrop Echo Designs Sleigh Ride stamp set. I adore Ann's vintage sets - they are so beautiful. The "Winter Wonderland" sentiment comes from the Sleigh Ride stamp set, but the stamped border is from the Raindrop Echo Designs Winter Notables 1 stamp set. I simply stamped the sentiment onto kraft card, used my stamp positioner to stamp the border in the perfect position, and finally I carefully cut out the shape with scissors (...because silly old me didn't buy the Whimsy Shapeology Notables 1 die - duh!).  I used my Whimsy Shapeology Elegant Notables 1 die with brown card to cut out the stunning flourish shape then glued my kraft sentiment on top. 


I designed this card so that I could mass produce it using just one piece of patterned paper each time.  My idea is to simply switch out the patterned paper for another but keep everything else the same! Next time I make this card I think I will be brave and use some green and brown markers to highlight a few bits of the image, but to date I have been too scared to colour on kraft with my Copics, lol!  Here is a list of supplies I used ...

Supplies
Dark brown and kraft cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress ink pad - Vintage Photo
Brown ribbon, 4mm brown flatback pearls

Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment *wink*!

Hugs,

26 comments:

  1. So simple yet stunning!!
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage style...sweet image and beautiful ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant, I love the vintage 'look'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Simone, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love this vintage look! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so stinking excited to come to your blog. Your work is incredible!I LOVE the card you created for today.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sem; this is just so AWESOME! I just love how detailed it looks and to mass produce it will be just amazing. That bow is just perfect! I say just go for it and take that leap and use those Copics!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of paper and colors for this old time stamp. I truly love this style! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautyful vintage card.
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, this is stunning Sem, just love this fabulous image!
    have a great day, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sem, lovely card, perfect bow! I can see how much easier these will be to mass produce, fab job. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Lovely winter image...make a wonderful holiday card! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stylish card, love the colors and the idea to change the DP and keep the rest te same to mass produce Christmas cards. I am gonna hop along now on the blog hop. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is wonderful. Really vintage looking and that bow with sentiment is beautiful. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I LOVE this image! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sem, this card is so traditional and perfectly beautiful just the way it is that it does not even need coloring. The die cut is beautiful, also. I like your idea of mass producing this card. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous vintagey card! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning!!!!!!!!

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello!

    This is so beautiful - very vintage feeling to it!

    Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. this card is so stunningly simple but gorgeous! I love the vintage and family feel of it!
    great job!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wooowww your work is elegant!!!!!!!!! very very beautiful!!!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x