Thursday, 24 November 2011

I'm a cover girl!

...okay, so not in the 'model' sense!  (That would never happen, lol!)  But I am pleased as punch that one of my cards is on the cover of the latest issue (99) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine.  My card is the traditional red and green Poinsettia card, and you can also see piccies of the matching bag and box I made in the bottom RH corner of the cover.  My wonderful crafty friend, Jo Nevill, has been a designer for CMAP for a long time now and one of her gorgeous projects is also featured on the front cover - she has done a tutorial to make the most stunning Christmas table decorations and you can see a peek in the bottom LH corner of the cover:


I was commissioned to make 2 cards, a bag and a box for the Quickmakes feature of the magazine which you can find on page 35.  Here's a shot of my ugly mug, lol!  I straightened my hair the day thet piccie was taken.


And finally a piccie of the 2-page spread on pages 36 and 37. The magazine did an amazing job of staging and photographing the cards, box and bag:


As you can see, I used some fabulous Whimsy Stamps rubber stamps for my creations and paired them with some gorgeous Authentique 12x12 Wonder paper.  I used red gingham ribbon, kraft cardstock and Vintage Photo ink to give the projects a warm, traditional feel.

Here is the list of the stamps I used:

Sweet Treats bag - Whimsy Stamps Vintage Christmas (large candy canes & "to and from" sentiment)
Winter Bloom card - Whimsy Stamps Vintage Christmas (large poinsettia)
Vintage Tree card - Whimsy Stamps Christmas Tree in Words

You can buy the stamps direct from the Whimsy Stamps store or from the lovely Elaine at Quixotic Paperie if you live in the UK/Europe.

Thank you for popping by and sharing in my excitement of being published!  I know this is not a new thing for many of you, but it is huge honour for me and I am thrilled! :)

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Hi Simonne, this is absolutely an exciting time for you!!! What a thrill to be published, you deserve it and what brilliant makes, excellent! Have a great day. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! It must be really nice too see your own creations in a magazine, well done! They look really pretty. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. You SHOULD be excited, that's just totally fabulous, congrats! What beautiful projects too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you, you should be very proud of yourself, those items are gorgeous and really traditional looking, Happy Crafting, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Semsee. Gorgeous card and I love the pyramid box

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE congrats, girlie!!! LOVE your work it's no wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem, I bet you are just so happy about this, There is nothing like the feeling that your work is that special it belongs in a magazine! Well, yours is and you are too! Congrats lucky to be working with you at Whimsy!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x