Monday, 17 October 2011

Whimsy Stamps October Rubber & Die Release Showcase - Day 5


Hi everyone and welcome to Day 5 of the Whimsy Stamps October Rubber Die Release Showcase!

On 12 October, Whimsy Stamps released this month's rubber designs and new shapeology dies. From then until 19 October the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new stamps and dies with a daily mini blog hop.

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00 PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy Inspirations blog after 12.00 PM EST on 19 October.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations by the Design Team, please click on the links below...


I am part of today's hop, but after collecting a very upset daughter from school, I've had to abandon everything for some "mummy & me" time.  I will photograph my card later tonight when she's gone to bed and then upload it. So please bear with me.  I am very upset for her at the moment.  All I will say is that some parents are really not fit to be parents if they bring their children up to disregard the feelings of their friends.  It's not some petty playground squabble either, but something that has been running in the background, unbeknownst to us. I'm not quite sure why human beings can't treat each other with love and respect and consider each other's feelings. I could go on and on about this, but I know it won't change anything, it won't change people. So I will stop there. It just makes me so very sad.

ETA: Here's my card

Supplies
*NEW* Whimsy Stamps Kenny K Mistletoe
*NEW* Whimsy Stamps Holiday Mini Postage stamps
Whimsy Stamps Music Notes (background stamp)
Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Die - Vines
Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Die - Mini Postage Stamp
Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Die - Double Scallop Border
Kraft, Red and Bitter Chocolate cardstock
Memento tuxedo black ink; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink
Copic markers
Basic Grey 'Jovial' 6x6 paper pad
5mm & 4mm flatback pearls
Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias dies (S5-055)
Chocolate Brown Seam Binding (from Sew Sweet)

Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check the Whimsy Inspirations blog tomorrow for the next mini blog hop list!

Hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Oh no project? That is pitty. Ok, I hop along.

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun; I will check back later for your project:0)

    Hope all is well!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take time for care for your daugther. I ll be back later.
    Love Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your daughter is more important....hope all goes well!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO gorgeous Simonne! Love your coloring, absolutely perfect! And the poinsettia, the stamps... amazing card!
    xxxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem, wow hun this is a brilliant card. Love that vintage look and that plaid background paper is spot on!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the colors and coloring. beautiful layering, love the flourishes under the flowers and the bling detail. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is absolutely fabulous. Love the colours, the image and the embellishments just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing colouring and great sketch, Sem. Thank you for sharing and for the chance, hugs, Miria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hun! Don't worry about it. I hope things get better for your little one. I know exactly what you mean. It's been many years ago, my daughter came home with two black eyes, no call from school, a bully had picked on her. I had to take her and have her checked she looked so horrible. The bully got kicked out of school, but the damage was done. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fabulous Sem, love those papers, they're fabulous.
    Hope your daughter is ok after some huggles from Mum
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and fantastic embellishments.

    So sorry for what ever your daughter is going through, I've been there a few times, it's so upsetting to see how nasty some kids are and they don't care, and sometimes the parent doesn't care either! Take care hun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous. The design papers are so Christmassy and I love the sheet music behind the image, it really sets her off and makes her pop! Your colouring is fantastic. I hope your daughter is O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your beautiful colored image looks gorgeous on the music paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exquisite and beautiful Simonne!!! Lovely card and those postage stamps are sooooo wonderful~~~each blog is soooo tasty!!!
    Hugz of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love all the fun details! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooooow Simonne, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about it (and how did you manage to cut her out so exactly *wowzers*)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow gorgeous colouring and sensational elements on this card! Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful! i'm starting to get into the christmas spirit! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. Sorry your little one was not well. My post is late to internet problems. Have a great day and take card. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I came back today to check on your card; It is way way cute! I am loving how the Kenny image just really stands out surrounded by so much distressed. I really do love it all!

    I know what you mean about kids being hurtful. My son just started kinder this year and I will tell you that some kids just love making fun of others and poking at them. My son wanted a mohalk for a long time and when he started school I let him get it. The first day he was just so so happy to go with his new cut to school. Then he just refused to go that way. I spoke to everyone I could at school to see what was going on. It seems that a few kids were making fun of him. He is now doing better and actually has friends. Sorry for going on about this but I understand that some kids can be really mean and just hurtful; and that makes me sad!

    Hope your daughter is doing well:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those colour, its a greate card !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! THe coloring on Mistletoe is flawless! Absolutely love how you've used sooo many gorgeous dies, and stamps. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x