Tuesday, 20 September 2011

SCRSC61: Back to Black


Hi everyone! 

This week at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge we are challenging you to create a card  inspired by your favourite song.


Now, I have LOADS of favourite songs!  I thought about using Ukelele Josh for Bryan Adams 'Summer of 69' or Cocktail Lucy for Pink's 'Raise Your Glass'.  I really wanted to do a Lady Gaga 'Hair' inspired card (love that song!), but I just couldn't decide how to go about it with a SCRS image, lol!  So, finally I settled on Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Black' and have made a B&W card using Cafe Lucy, as I think she is the most suited to sitting in a Jazz Club.  (I slightly altered her by replacing her coffee cup for a microphone!)

You Tube have disabled embedding for the video I wanted to show you, but here is the link to Amy singing a phenomenal live acoustic version of 'Back to Black' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVp09E1LRg  I didn't want to link another version here, 'cause I just love this acoustic version. :)

I chose to follow this week's Card Patterns #133 sketch not least because Sparkle Creations is sponsoring this challenge!  If you join in you will be entered into the draw to win 2 SCRS stamps (Cupcake Ruby and Turntable Josh).  So why not combine today's SCRS challenge with the Card Patterns sketch as I have done, and double your chances of winning a SCRS stamp!

I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the right to accommodate the orientation of my image, and instead of using a border punch at the bottom, I used some 1/8" Black Mini Ric Rac from http://www.sewsweet.co.uk/.  The yummy papers are from my *new* Echo Park Apothecary Emporium Collection kit from http://www.mymumscraftshop.co.uk/ - I just {HEART} this kit so much and you don't have to use the papers just for halloween themed cards!




Thanks for stopping by today.  I shall be back later with my Whimsy Stamps Day 5 Showcase card, so I would love for you to pop by again! :)

Hugs,


Supplies
SCRS Cafe Lucy rubber stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (from MMSC)
Copic markers (W0 W1 W2 W3 W5 W7 W9) (from MMSC)
Echo Park Apothecary Emporium Collection Kit (from MMSC)
1/8" Black Mini Ric Rac ribbon (from Sew Sweet)

11 comments:

  1. wow, what a gorgeous card
    I love the black in black
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Is it weird that I JUST got done listening to that on my iTunes? HA! Awesome card in Black and White, wow! Love that you chose that song for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cool card!

    Thank you for the link, too. What a voice Amy has! I think she's wonderful!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FAB!!! Love how you didit in black and white!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!! Love the little altering you did, Lucy is so perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.My.Word!! This is stunning and gorgeous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem, this is fantastic! I love how you drew in the microphone. Another fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Clunk!* Elvis has LEFT the building. Emily is in CENTER STAGE! And looking FINE!!! I sure am glad you were inspired to create with this sketch and share your GLORIOUS output with Card Patterns... Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After two days, we are going to celebrate my younger sister 's birthday and your shared card will be best for giving surprise to her. She is one of the best singer.
    r4 card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x