Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Whimsy Stamps August Release BLOG HOP



Hello and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps August new rubber and die release BLOG HOP!

On August 10th, Whimsy Stamps released their August rubber designs and new dies. Today we are hosting a blog hop to celebrate this release and to share creations made using these 15 fabulous new Rubber Stamps and 3 wonderful new Shapeology Dies. These new goodies are available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. We also have our wonderful special guests joining us for this hop - Elaine Hughes, Zoe McGrath, Alberto Gava and Iwona "Chupa" Palamountain.

The Whimsy Stamps DT have been showcasing these fabulous stamps for the past 6 days, so if you missed them be sure to hop on over to the Whimsy Inspirations Blog for some more inspiration!

Here is a full list of the wonderful new August release rubber stamps and dies:

3 stamps from Crissy Armstrong
Bart Goes Golfing ~ Butterfly Sympathy ~ Hang In There

4 stamps from Meljen's Designs
Cupcake Treat Trio ~ Monkey Toes ~ Pen Pal Mouse ~ Topsy Turvy Cake

4 stamps from Kenny K
Bathing Beauty ~ Buggin Drummer ~ Wanda Wicked ~ Wedding Garter

4 stamp sets from Raindrop Echo Designs
Bottle Cap Sentiments ~ Film Markers ~ Schoolyard Fun ~ Vintage Seed Packets

3 dies/sets from Raindrop Echo Designs
Elegant Butterflies Die Set ~ Bottle Cap Die (coordinates with Bottle Cap Sentiments stamp set) ~ Film Marker Die (coordinates with Film Markers stamp set)


Today is also the release of the second edition of the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine! The magazine features never before seen samples and tutorials from our DT members as well as some creations from our customers and fans too! This issue is crammed full of crafty goodness and best of all it's FREE! Just click the link below and you will be taken to the magazine where you can read it online or download it and save to your computer.

CLICK HERE to view the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine Issue 2

Here is a little snippet of the card I created for the magazine using one of the *new* release stamps Kenny K Bathing Beauty:

If you would like to hop along with us today and you didn’t arrive from Minna’s blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the beginning of the hop at Zoe’s blog.

The hop starts today (Wednesday August 17th at noon EST) and ends on Wednesday August 24th at noon EST.

For this hop we have 7 different prize draws! We have not one but TWO grand prize draws, so two lucky hoppers will win a large selection of new release stamps. Grand Prize 1 will be for those who help us advertise the hop, and Grand Prize 2 will be for those who hop along with us. We also have 5 mini candy stops throughout the hop where you can enter to win a new release stamp ... and I'm one of the mini candy stops!!!


For my blog creation I used Anne's beautiful Vintage Seed Packets stamps and ...  If you would like to be entered into the draw to win your very own Vintage Seed Packets stamp set, please leave your details in the linky widget at the end of this post.

As soon as I saw the grape one, I just knew I had to make a Hanging Treat Box (tutorial here at SCS).  They are so easy to make, but I think they have a wonderful visual appeal and dress up a bottle of wine in a beautiful way! :)




I didn't want to make a coloured image card for today's blog hop as I'm having a lot of trouble with migraines at the moment, and I'm am 99.9% sure that they are being caused by eye problems. I won't bore you with all the details, but I had an esotropia strabismus (inward turning squint) in my left eye when I was very young. It was corrected by wearing a patch rather than surgery, but I have always suffered from very slight double vision when my eyes are tired. (It also means I can't see 3D, which is pants!). It's not a huge deal, but whilst I'm waiting to see my GP I'm trying to give my eyes a rest and not spend so much time on concentrated detailed colouring! :)

Here is a list of the supplies I used:

Kraft cardsstock;  Coredinations 12x12 Colorcore card - DR040 Burgundy
Seam Binding (available from Sew Sweet)
Kraft button twine (available from Sew Sweet)

And I would also like to share the card I posted a few days ago using the *new* Whimsy Stamps Penpal Mouse rubber stamp from this release, just in case you didn't see it! :)  Click here to read my full post.


So now it’s time for you to continue the hop by hopping over to Alberto’s blog.  But before you whisk yourself away, be sure to pop your name into InLinkz below to be entered into the draw to win your very own VINTAGE SEED PACKETS rubber stamp set!


Thank you so much for hopping with us today and I hope you enjoy the new release!

Hugs,


60 comments:

  1. lovely idea Simonne just love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations Simonne.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what fabulous creations. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing wine tag and love the idea!! I'll have to give it a go thanks to your inspiration!! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab creations and your mag sneak peek looks great too. Hope your head is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so stinkin cute!! I love the wine tag and cant wait to make some. Thanks for the INKspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your tag for your bottle is gorgeous! Love the pretty colors and the seed packet images are fabulous!!! I want them so bad!! thanks so much for the chance to win!! WOW you wouldn't know you had eye problems with your gorgeous coloring!!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your creations!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simonne,
    I loved your card in the mag. So vintage hawaiian style.
    The hanging treat box is a wonderful idea. Love how you incorporated the grape seed packets onto this creation. It truly sparkles it up. Love the vintage feel to it too. TFS and I hope ur migraines go away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi love both your creations they are fab
    I had to wear an eye patch to when I was very young do you remember the bugie on a stick lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wine tag is gorgeous, I am in love with the seed packets! And your card is so cute, I love all of your fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous combination love the wine tag with the seed packets they are beautiful and the card is just adorable:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous one for the wine bottle, and your card is also beautiful. Makes me smile this image.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both creations are really wonderful. that seed packets sentiments is real cute.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wine bottle cover is just over the top amazing! I just love love love it so much! I will have to bookmark this spot so that I can come back and see how to make one too. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. grande progetto
    grazie susy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great work did you do, the card makes me happy, i love your lay out and the colors you used.
    The seed packs are great.
    Love Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW! I love those seed packets. I thought that i could live without them and now after seeing your project i'm wondering if i can. LOL. Thanks for sharing a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sem, oh my your colouring is just stunning, what do you colour with, it must be Copics, there's no other medium that can give you these bright clear colours, you are soooo good at this!! And I love your wine hanger thingie, lovely vintage look! The other card I'd already seen on your blog before, same vintage look that I like. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW your card and is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the hanging treat box what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice card and I absolutely love the wine bottle hanging treat box. I'll have to make it my next project. It's a great gift when you visit a friend.

    Thanks!

    PS. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! Gorgeous projects, now I want !!! these images :O)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely projects, all of them! Your coloring is amazing...espeically on that Kenny K image!! Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial, and also for the chance to win the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your treat box and your card are so gorgeous. Great projects.

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  27. my eyes popped out .. its bful !
    its like so classy
    i m following you now
    hugs
    mallika from india
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. your projects are super cute thanks for sharing.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. How fun Sem, love all the fun projects you made for this release!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your projects are absolutely awesome. I am in love with the penpal stamp

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cool is that!!? What a clever idea, and it looks fantastic, as do all of your projects!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea to make a hanging treat box ^^ It looks totally fab with the vintage seed packet sentiments! Thanks for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. They are all amazing and wonderful! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wowzer Sem!! You never disappoint!! Stunning creations!! Love your hanging treat box!! Perfect!! Your coloring each and every project is amazing!! I hope your migraines and eye difficulties improve!!
    Missed joining you all for the hop...you have all done stunning work!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both cards are excellent! I love this new vintage seed packet stamp set! Then that mouse--darling!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can't wait to view the magazine and see your card in full detail. Beautiful Wine project. Love that little mouse and the postage stamps you included.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a BRILLIANT idea to make a hanging treat package for a wine bottle! The grape seed packet fits it to a tee! The card is just ADORABLE and I love all of the colour you used..especially the red! I hope that you get your migraine problem sorted out and that you're feeling better very SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wonderful projects, so sorry for the migraine, hope you are feeling better today. Thanks so much, when you're feeling ill to still make it a fun blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a wonderful creations you have made​​. Beautiful color too. What a beautiful set of stamps you can give away. Thank you so much for the chance.

    Hugs AStrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love, love, love that wine hanger idea. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. The bottle hanger is a great idea and I love how yours looks! The little mouse card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really like the card, with that adorable mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oooh Lala!! How very European! Love the gorgeous tag for the wine and the whimsy image and the card is beautiful:)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. I hope you find out the cause of the migraines. Your projects are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sem; Your creations are FAB! Love how you have a wide range of styles!

    I will be checking out the magazine after the hop; Cant wait to see the rest of that image; from what I see it is a GREAT one! Love your coloring; your shadows give the image that extra special detail!

    Hope you feel better soon:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  46. Card is stunning! Get well soon!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great creations, so different and so cute - adorable!

    Hugs
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is such a lovely idea. I love the colours you have used on it. Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wonderful idea for a gift of wine. Especailly for a gardner.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi,
    I LOVE the colour combination you used on the hanging treat box for the vine bottle. This is so beautiful.
    Hugs Kathi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the vintage treat box! Gorgeous! It is perfect to hang around the neck of the wine bottle. Very beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I really like the wine tag, the grapes image is so match with the wine, Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very creative. Lovely card & the wine bottle tag is a fab idea.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the tag it really would add to a bottle of wine for a gift, nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Sem-
    I hope that you are doing much better these days. Both your creations are completely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x