Saturday, 13 August 2011

Sparkle Creations Release Day: Introducing... Cheerleading Emily

Hello everyone and welcome to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps RELEASE DAY! Woo-hoo!

Yesterday the Karber team previewed the adorable "Soda Jenny".  Today it's the SCRS DT's turn to showcase the last of the brand new SCRS stamps that are available to buy right now from the SCRS store! So without further ado, I am pleased to introduce CHEERLEADING EMILY (who comes with two darling sentiment stamps):



Supplies
SCRS Cheerleading Emily rubber stamp
SU Real Red, SU Tempting Turquoise, SU Whisper White card
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Copics and Promarker Poppy
Personally designed GLEE templates, scissors, glue, foam pads

If you popped by yesterday you would have seen my first glee-themed card where I transformed Football Josh into Finn from Glee.  Well, today I thought I'd continue the glee theme and transform Cheerleading Emily into one of the WMHS cheerleaders!  I've coloured her hair blonde, so she could be Brittany or Quinn! :)  The cheerleading outfit was plain to start with, and I added all the WMHS detail! :)

I know it's a very CAS card, but it did take me an absolute AGE to 'design' and cut out those GLEE letters.  Yep, that's right, they are all hand cut and made of card (no printing!!).  The only crafting machine I own is a Cuttlebug and so I had to use my graphics programme and MS Word to design the templates, print them onto white and red card and then cut them out! If I had something like a Cricut or another electronic cutting machine, the card would have taken a matter of minutes, LOL!  But I have the templates now, so if I ever need to make another card it will be a lot easier! :)  Here are my templates. I printed them flipped so that the black printing lines would be on the reverse of the card so I wouldn't have to be too fussy when cutting them out as they would not show when stuck down:


(I didn't cut out the detail of the lettering in the white card so that it would be more true to the glee logo)

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, even though it took a few hours to complete, LOL!

Be sure to visit all the rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Cheerleading Emily. Sparkle will be giving away Cheerleading Emily to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Cheerleading Emily blog posts (links listed below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Cheerleading Emily post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment, and the lucky winner will be announced tomorrow!



Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy our new release!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous Emily ~ great cheerleading card... luv her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simonne, this is FANTASTIC!!! OOOOOOO, I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very very gorgeous Sem! Love that red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job with the image. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your glee themed cards! fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a fabulous design and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! fabulous, love how you have coloured this image

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. Emily is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! absolutely fabulous, Sem!!! love love the design and the details you added to her uniform. amazing work as always! love it! have a lovely Sunday! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x