Tuesday, 9 August 2011

SCRSC55: Charlotte with a Rose


Happy Tuesday everyone!

This week at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge we have a wonderful photo that we would like you to take inspiration from when making your challenge creations:


I wanted to use the green of the grass, the blue of the water, the white and lattice shape of the seating and the neutral colour of the stone tiles as my inspiration from this photo.  Whilst I was rooting around for some suitable paper, I rediscovered the gorgeous Memory Box 'Frond' 6x6 paper (which I see is no longer being made ... *sob*!) and as soon as I saw this sheet it reminded me of tree branches!  So I went with this, adding in a fence and some grass.  And of course I just had to use the darling Charlotte with a Rose sitting under the branches of the tree:



I also wanted to add in the white paper lanterns from the photo, and so created them by simply running some white paper through my paper crimper, punching a hole in the top, threading some twine through and voila! 

Here is a list of supplies, complete with links, should you wish to do a little retail therapy:

Supplies
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available from MMSC)
Copic markers: E00 E000 R20 E11; E55 E51; BG01 BG72; YG11 YG67; W1 W3 0 (available from MMSC)
Memory Box 'Frond' 6x6 paper pad
Kraft cardstock (available from Quixotic Paperie)
Kraft Twine (available from Sew Sweet)
Back2Basics Straight Edge Square 148mm White card base (available from MMSC)
Martha Stewart edger punch - Grass (available from MMSC)
Martha Stewart deep edger punch - Garden Trellis

Wishing you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Love the scene you have created here! This sweet little lady looks so cute; love how she just looks so peaceful; just enjoying the moment!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a goregous card! I love your lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Wow!! Love this! You are just so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful Sem, i love the colours and your colouring is beautiful! Stunning design
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x