Thursday, 11 August 2011

SCRS preview: Football Josh meets GLEE Finn

Happy Thursday and welcome to the 2nd day of our Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps new release sneak peeks!

If you joined us yesterday, you would have been treated to a preview of the first of 2 Karber rubber stamps that are being released this Saturday.

Today, it's the SCRS DT's turn to showcase the first of 2 brand new SCRS rubber stamps from our upcoming release! So without further ado I am pleased to introduce you to FOOTBALL JOSH (who comes with 2 awesome sentiment stamps).  ...


[I have added a full supply list (complete with shop links) at the foot of this post.]

Living in the UK, I'm not really exposed to American Football, and so I was kind of stumped at first as to what to do with this image.  I am, however, a HUGE Glee fan and so I had a bit of a lightbulb moment and decided to turn Josh into Finn and make a Glee card! :) I even drew in Finn's #5 on his shirt!! Hee hee!  I don't know about you, but my red copics are really juicy, and so I'm always a little bit wary when I use them as I often make mistakes with them.  So for this card I dug out my Poppy Promarker and simply used Copic R59 for the shadowing.

I made the banner completely from scratch, and this took WAY longer than colouring and making the card, LOL! I found a free font that I liked, installed it, then used my graphics programme to separate the 'middle' part from the outline so that I could keep the outline black and make the middle part of each letter red. I then mocked up the card to scale in MS Word so I could make the triangular banner panels the correct size and then scale each letter accordingly! Phew! :)

Be sure to visit all the rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Football Josh. Sparkle will be giving away Football Josh to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Football Josh blog posts (links listed below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Football Josh post there. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment, and the lucky winner will be announced tomorrow!


Tomorrow the Karber DT will be previewing the 2nd of their new release stamps for August and I will be back on Saturday with the final SCRS image, so I hope so see you again then!

Thanks, as always, for popping by!

Hugs


Supplies
STAMP: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps 'Football Josh' (released 13 August 2011)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COPICS: Skin E000 E00 E11 R20; Hair E59; Shoes W9; Outfit (Promarker- Poppy) R59 W3 W2 C5 C3 C1 0; Ball E15 E18
PAPER: October Afternoon 12x12 Night Light PP034 'Jack'
CARD: Black, white, red
EMBELLIES: Sew Sweet Divine Twine Black Licorice
TOOLS: Martha Stewart Edger Punch - Grass

14 comments:

  1. I don't care for Glee but I do love American Football and so do my boys so I LOVE this image and your card is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling! I love the Glee banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT! I love this Simonne! Your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously coloured image. Great card love the banner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the banner.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fantastic card, i love the image and the fab papers
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job love what you have done with Josh lol thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Sem! Love the bold reds and the banner is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card. I love your grass strips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout and gorgeous coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! absolutely fabulous! love love your coloring and the design is amazing! love love love your card, Sem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the card and how you made it to match with Glee! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just darling...I love it!!! Your coloring is gorgeous too!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x