Saturday, 2 July 2011

SS162 and Sparkle Creations 1st Anniversary Challenge!


Happy Saturday everyone! 

Today I'd like to share a card I have made for Sketch Saturday and Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps 1st Anniversary Throwback Challenge.

My lovely teamie Bente is hosting today's challenge over at Sketch Saturday.  We are being sponsored by Papilio Stamps and one lucky winner will win their choice of 4 Papilio digital stamps.  Hop on over to the Sketch Saturday blog to snag Bente's sketch and see what gorgeousness my DT sistahs have made!


Can you believe it's been a whole year since Sparkle opened the virtual doors of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps?  The phrase "time flies when you're having fun" couldn't be more appropriate!  So we are kicking off the celebration of our one-year anniversary with a special Anniversary Throwback Challenge. This challenge will last all month long (until Sunday 31 July at 9pm PST) and the winner will receive the complete August release!  WOW!!

The challenge is to create a card or project using one of the Original 8 images that Sparkle released one year ago. To refresh your memory, the challenge graphic has a little snippet of each character. They are Charlotte With a Rose, Cocktail Emily, Cupcake Ruby, Lantern Rin, Scooter Chloe, Surfing Oliver, Swimming Lucy and Turntable Josh.

I have used Charlotte with a Rose for my anniversary challenge card.  It was incredibly difficult to choose which image to use, as I totally ADORE them all!  I have paired her with some DCWV paper that I've had for ages (it's glittered!!) and used some more of my yummy SEW SWEET Cream Seam Binding (can't get enough of the stuff at the moment, LOL!).

Aki Fukuoka is the super-talented and all-round AWESOME person who illustrates these fabulous stamps.  Aki is such an amazing artist, and I am SO lucky to get to work with her art.  Thank you Aki! 

And a HUGE, MASSIVE, SPARKLY THANK YOU to Sparkle.  I absolutely ADORE being on your Design Team Sparks, and I thank my lucky stars each day that I get to work for you and with you!!  It means the world to me that you picked me to be on your DT.  THANKKKK YOUUUUU!!! :)

And finally a big shout out to my DT sisters.  You are all such amazing, super duper talented people, and I am so humbled and grateful to know you and work with you! 

Can you tell I LOVE SCRS!!! Hee hee!



Our July new release sneak peeks start tomorrow - YIPPEE!!!  We start with a preview of a new Karber rubber stamp, so I won't be back until Monday with my first SCRS July stamp preview, but be sure to hop on over to the SCRS blog tomorrow and hop around the SCRS DT who are showcasing the first of our new release stamps.  Sparkle will be giving away the stamp that is being previewed each day, but you only have until midnight EST each day to comment to be entered into the draw, so don't dilly-dally! :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, and  hope to "see" you on Monday!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Hey Sem, how's things?
    LOVE your card hunni, beautiful papers and a sweet image by Sparkle.
    Have a great weekend
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning, I just adore your colouring and am thrilled that I get to work with you on this wonderful team!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for being a part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the image and the wonderful colors you've used. Great take on my sketch too :)
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I love stamps, but did not bring mine when I moved countries, maybe I will start building up my stamp collection again one day.
    My blog also just reached 1 year and I can't believe it, I am having a giveaway too so drop by to enter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x