Tuesday, 26 July 2011

SCRSC53: Cherry Blossom Rin


Happy Tuesday everyone! This week at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge we have a colour challenge for you and would like to see cards made using the official SCRS colours of Lime Green, Turquoise, Black and White:


For my card I used the darling Cherry Blossom Rin.  When this stamp was released last month, I remember reading our illustrator Aki's post about how she had a Japanese Hakama in mind when illustrating Cherry Blossom Rin. I didn't know this but Hakamas are a type of kimono traditionally worn by men (although they are now worn by both sexes). They come in two pieces (top and bottom) and the bottom piece is actually trousers suitable for swordmen and horse riding.  (Read more about this HERE at Aki's blog).  So I coloured Rin as if she was wearing a Hakama this time!

I wanted to use some paper that had all 4 of the challenge colours, but this proved a bit of a challenge in itself as I could only find some paper that I used on a SCRS card a little while back and I didn't want to duplicate it.  But after going through all my papers (ha ha!) I found this October Afternoon paper from the Farm Fresh line that was perfect!

Here is a list of supplies, complete with links, should you wish to do a little retail therapy:

Supplies
Copic markers: E00 E000 R20 E11; Warm Greys; YG00 YG03 YG67; BG01 BG11 BG13
October Afternoon 12x12 Farm Fresh paper - PP078 Chicken Coop
Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore cardstock Nightfall
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Martha Stewart Edger Punch - Arch Lattice

Finally here's  little reminder about our SCRS Anniversary sale that is running through July. You still have a few days left to grab some bargains.....



Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and you have used the colours for the challenge to perfection!

    Hugs Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card is this. With a lovely stamp.


    Hugs AStrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just STUNNING Sem! Love those flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x