Tuesday, 19 July 2011

SCRSC52: Charlotte with a Rose

(Sorry the photo's a little dark ... just like the weather here in the South West of England at the moment, LOL!)

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Sorry I've been MIA for a little while - lots going on, mojo decided to take a holiday, etc.!

So this week at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge we want to see you make something using your favourite SCRS image.


I can genuinely say that each and every one of Sparkle's stamps has a special place in my heart, so this was an incredibly difficult challenge for me in that I spent AGES trying to decide which stamp to use!  In the end I settled on the beautiful Charlotte with a Rose.  I seem to come back to her time and time again, and she is so perfect for paper-piecing (which I love to do!).

I paired her with some yummy new Echo Park Country Drive Collection Kit paper from Kitty at My Mum's Craft Shop - it's SO pretty!  (The green gingham paper is actually from the Sweet Summertime Collection Kit - I love that you can mix and match different ranges from EP). 

I also got to try out my new Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses die from My Mum's Craft Shop.  I used the smallest die to cut out a white paper rose.  I originally made a pink rose, but the card I had was too dark and I didn't have any paler pink card, so I opted to use a pink flower under a white rose.

If you hop around the SCRS DT's blogs today you will see that Kim and I have used the exact same image ... and have both followed the same sketch (Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 126)!!! This was purely by accident, LOL!  I didn't know Kim had chosen Charlotte nor the sketch until I was uploading my card to our DT group!!  Hee hee!!  Greats minds and all that, eh? ;)

To finish the card I used some gorgeous ribbon, twine and a button from http://www.sewsweet.co.uk/

Here is a list of supplies, complete with links, should you wish to do a little retail therapy:

Supplies
Echo Park Country Drive Collection Kit (Clover Meadow & Flutter By reverse)

Finally here's  little reminder about the Anniversary sale that is running through July.....



Hope you have a grand Tuesday!

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Uhooi,,
    Wow,, It's a very pretty, sweet and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love your gorgeous card Sem
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww its soooo pretty & love the way you have brought the papers to the image too...gorgeous :D
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Sem. A beautiful image and love the paper piecing!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite simply beautiful, Sem!!! Adore how you've used the DPs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Isn't it funny how hard it was for all of us to pick a "favorite"? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous love the papers and the wonderful layout! Super colouring too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x