Saturday, 18 June 2011

SS160: It's 'sew sweet' to Bling, Baby!


It's Saturday (woo-hoo!) and so time for a brand new Sketch Saturday challenge!

....but first I have some FABULOUS news ... I can now officially announce that I am a SEW SWEET DT Member! YIP-YIP-PEE!!


Sew Sweet is an awesome online shop run by the super sweet Emma.  Sew Sweet stocks the most gorgeous wool felt, ribbons, twine, buttons, brads, findings and pins, and Emma is adding new products every month.

I used to be on a couple of DTs with Emma a little while ago (one of them being Sketch Saturday).  I was so honoured to receive an email from Emma asking me to design for her!!!  I am just SO happy and excited to working with her again and with such gorgeous products!! And I'm in amazing company as the one-and-only Judy is also designing for Sew Sweet! Judy is one of my all-time crafting idols and I'm stoked to be on a design team with her again! So I think another YIP-YIP-PEE is called for, hee hee!!! (Can you tell I'm excited just a tiny little bit? LOL!).

Here's the link to the Sew Sweet store, and here's the link to the Sew Sweet blog.  Be sure to hop on over to the blog and become a follower so you can keep up-to-date with all the news, new products, updates and giveaways.  Emma is currently running a DT call, so if you fancy applying, you can read all about it HERE.

Okay, so onto Sketch Saturday! {grin} This week we are being sponsored by the fabulous Pollycraft who is offering an AMAZING prize for one lucky entrant.  The winner of SS160 will win all 3 sets of the gorgeous Swings and Slides digital stamps - that's 18 digi stamps! (Can I 'retire' for a week and enter? LOL!).  Here is Jo's awesome sketch for you to follow:


For my DT make I used one of the brand new, just released, Whimsy Stamps Kenny K Collection rubber stamps for my card - this sassy gal is called 'Bling Baby'  (which I'd already coloured a little while ago).  It was quite a challenge to colour dark skin and afro hair, but I hope I did an okay job!  It's quite difficult to see in the photo, but I did use several Spica glitter pens to colour her jewellery and the rim of her glasses, so there is a nice subtle sparkle IRL! :o)  My sentiment is from the newly released Whimsy Stamps The Good Life Tickets stamp set.

I used some of Sew Sweet's gorgeous wool felt and my Marianne Creatables Chinese Roses die to create my felt rose.  (I used the 'Coral' coloured felt, but there are 65 different colours to choose from!).  I didn't know whether Marianne Creatables dies would cut through felt like MFT Die-namics do, but I am pleased to report that they did perfectly first time (and of course it's so much easier to roll felt than paper, LOL!).

I used a couple of heart-shaped Olive Buttons for the leaves of the felt rolled rose and a blue-green button from the Garden Green Button Grab Bag in the middle of the Prima flowers. FYI Emma hand dyes these buttons herself. They are GORGEOUS! Amazing quality and so many of them in each bag! I am in button heaven, hee hee!

I was quite pleased with myself for thinking a bit outside the box (...well, for me anyway, LOL!) and used some May Arts Striped Twill Ribbon in Celery as an alternative to patterned paper!

If you haven't already, do hop on over to the Sketch Saturday blog and see what gorgeousness my SS DT sistahs have made!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Unfortunately here in Bristol we are forecast heavy rain today (what's new? LOL!) Sunday is supposed to be dry (we'll see!) and then more rain forecast for Monday! Feels more like October than June.  Hopefully the awesome summer temperatures and sunshine are saving themselves for August!!

Thanks for dropping by!

Til next time...

Hugs,


Supplies
COPICS: Skin: E31 E33 E35 E37 R20; Hair: E43 E44 E47 E49; Jeans: B99 B97 B95 B93; Top: YG00 YG03; Boots: E44 E43 E41; (Spica pens for jewellery and glasses)
Cardstock: Coredinationrs 12x12 Colorcore OS010 Aqueduct, CC040 French Roast
Paper: MME Lime Twist 6x6 'Life of the party'
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Kenny K Bling Baby rubber stamp (also available from Quixotic Paperie if you live in the UK/Europe); sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps The Good Life Tickets
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Embellishments: Buttons, Striped ribbon and felt from www.sewsweet.co.uk 

15 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, I really love the new kenny k image. The buttons as leaves..... genius idea, i love it!
    Thanks Simonne
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gongrats with the Sew Sweet DT member.

    Your card is beautiful. Nice coloring.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your coloring for the Afro skin is just mind blowing, stunning!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I'm just exploring the Copics in earnest & wanted to say how helpful your Supplies list is. Thank you for being so thorough & taking the time to do so - I know pnly too well it does take time.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab and loving the button leaves!!! Very creative

    Have a fab weekend whatever your plans


    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I love this gorgeous card. Congrats on making the Sew Sweet Design Team.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job on the ethnic skin tones!!! And the highlights in the hair were just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo a big congrats to you, Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a funky card and I love her boots!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fun card!!! I love how you have created leaves out of buttons!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you are too cool for school. Love your thinking outside the box and buttons for leaves - genius!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!I love that image-fab boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Sem! I hope you are doing well - miss ya girl!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x