Tuesday, 7 June 2011

SCRSC46 - Favourite Colour(s) challenge


Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we would like to see you use your favourite colour/s on your project.

[Apologies for the not-so-great-quality photo - I will update as soon as possible]

My two favourite card-making colours are turquoise and green, and my all-time favourite accent colour is chocolate brown.  Also, a personal favourite colour of mine is yellow.  I always find yellow a tricky colour to craft with, and unfortunately it's a colour that I just can't wear, but that doesn't mean I don't love it! So I have turquoise in my sky, green in my grass, and yellow in the sun and car, all finished with some Vintage Photo distress inked edges!

I have followed this week's Card Patterns Sketch #118 for the layout.  As soon as I saw this sketch I  knew I had to play along with my Cruisin Chloe stamp!  The sky paper is October Afternoon, the paper for grass and paper pieced car is from Basic Grey, and I made the sun and road from Coredinations cardstock scraps. Oh and the sentiment is computer generated and printed straight onto the card base!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Card Patterns Sketch #118
- The Corrosive Challenge #119 Summer Colours
- Crafty Hos' Summer, let the fun begin!
- Creative Cowgirls Summertime Fun
- Paper Cutz #94 Travel
- Crafts and Me #37 Punch it Out

Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Finally I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to our new SCRS DT members: Amber, Elena, Kadie, Mary and Piali. If you popped by the SCRS blog yesterday you would have read the exciting news that Berenice and Karla from Karber Digital Images are going to start releasing new images in RUBBER and these stamps will be sold in the US throught the SCRS store!! Yippee!! So Amber, Elena, Kadie, Mary and Piali are the SCRS 'Karber' DT! Welcome gals!

I'd also like to welcome Tanya Johnson as our June Guest Designer - welcome Tanya!! Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations:


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a fab Tuesday!

Hugs,


Recipe
STAMP: SCRS Cruisin Chloe
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink pad
PAPER: OA Weathervane 'picking pumpkins'; Basic Grey 'origins' 6x6 pad
CARD: Coredinations 12x12 Colorcore
COPICS: E000 E00 E02 R20 E31 E33 E35 E37 YG000 G82 G84 BG01 W-s C-s Y08 Y06 Y02 Y00

17 comments:

  1. OMGosh!!!! I ADORE this card my dear, I love everything about it! So going to copy this one at some point!
    Hugs,
    Peg xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sem! What a lovely card - the scenery is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card ! I love the designpaper that you have used for the grass and the car ;)

    greetz from Belgium,
    Sonja
    http://scrapadoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling! I love your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Sem.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fabulous card, I love everything about it. My first car was a VW beetle but mine was bright orange. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card!! Love the scene you created for Chloe and I hear ya on the yellow... it's one of my fave colors but I can't wear it either. Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly amazing card!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just darling, Sem! LOVE this fun scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a fantastic card! LOVE that sweet car and the way her hair scarf flows beyond the card! FAB!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative. I love the dp you used. This is a fun..fun..card.
    Thanks for joining us over at the Corrosive Challenge.
    DT Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling work! Thanks so much for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic!! Who wouldn't want a paint job like that :D Thank you for joining in at Creative cowgirls XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job of paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls. Janet DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is fabulous! I love the design and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SOOOOO adorable! Great paper-piecing work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x