Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Whimsy Stamps Sneak Peek Day 5 - DT's Choice

**This is my 2nd post of the day. Please scroll down to see my Sparkle Creations Challenge post.**


Hello again!

Ooh, are you getting excited?  Only one more sleep until the Whimsy Stamps May rubber and die release  - WOO-HOO!!  

For the past 4 days the Whimsy DT have been posting sneak peeks of some of the fabby new stamps and dies, and today we are sharing sneak peeks of whatever we want as it's 'DT's choice sneak peek day'!

I originally wanted to sneak peek today's creation on Friday when it was 'Sentiments & Dies' sneak peek day, but I have been not-so-patiently having to wait for some white embossing powder to arrive in the mail.  I ordered it on Tuesday from an online shop who always post the same or next day 1st class.  Well, they kept to their usual posting schedule ... but stupid Royal Mail have taken until yesterday to deliver it! Booooo!! RM have increased their cost of postage by 12-13% this year, but it seems their service has declined by way more than that (well, in our area of the UK at least!). Anyway, moan over!  LOL!

For today's sneak peek I have used the Celebration Pennants stamp set by Raindrop Echo Designs and created a set of four 96x96mm birthday cards.  [This stamp set actually coordinates perfectly with the Banner Pennants Die Set released in March.] As soon as I saw the DT sneak of this stamp set way back in April I knew instantly what I wanted to do with it. I don't know about you, but the ideas I create in my head don't always work in real life, but I am really pleased that they did this time! :o)

[Lots of pics as I found it difficult to photograph them all together front on!]








To create these cards I used:

- 96x96mm white card bases
- Woodware corner rounder
- Cardstock and designer paper
- Versamark and WOW Opaque bright white super fine embossing powder
- Foam tape
- Various Versamagic Dew Drop Chalk ink pads
- Coordinating 4mm flat back pearls

I'm still trying to decide whether to make a presentation box for these and give them away (or perhaps pop them on Etsy), or keep them as a stash of birthday cards for men or those people who appreciate a less cutesy style card!

Be sure to stop by my Whimsy DT sistahs' blogs for more 'final day sneak peeks' of the soon-to-be-released rubber stamps and dies:


Hope you have a great Tuesday and hope to see you tomorrow for our new release hop at 12 noon EST (5pm UK time)!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable and I love all the different colors! The little banners are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These card are wonderful!! Beautiful job!

    Hugs,
    Dianne
    http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sem, these are just sooooo awesome! I don't know what else I can say. I don't know what you were thinking in your head, but they turned out GREAT. Aww, you always make me blush with the things you do with these designs :)

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute!! I love your cards!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sets of Cards. I love them.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable, and I think they look amazing as a set. I'm sure they'd be snapped up in no time at all if you put them on etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card set! You are amazing, that's all there is to it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post. I found it on Pinterest. I have this set and have not used it yet. Now I will!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x