Tuesday, 10 May 2011

SCRSC42: Shaped card


Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we would like to see you create a SHAPED CARD (anything but the usual square or C6 card!).

I only have a standard cuttlebug and a few standard size nestabilities sets (and didn't want to make a small shaped card), so I decided to have a go at making a centre step card.  This is the first time I have made one - it was so easy and I love the end result (even though it was almost impossible to photograph it well!). I followed this template by Sandy but changed the measurements to fit the image I wanted to use.


I used my Daffodil Charlotte SCRS stamp and some scraps of paper from my MME Stella & Rose 'Gertie' paper pad.  I've been trying to resist buying the Hattie pad, but I think I may have to give in and at the very least buy a couple of the 12x12 papers in the patterns that I just 'can't do without' from this line, LOL!


The sentiment on the front of the card is a stamp from the Whimsy Stamps Friendship Ticket Sentiments stamp set, and the sentiment inside the card that reads "If friends were flowers I'd pick you" is from the Whimsy Stamps Fragrant Rose stamp set.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Allsorts #102 Use 3 different stamps (I've used 1 image stamp and 2 different sentiment stamps)
- Art Impressions #15 Bling, glitter, sparkle
- Craft Us Crazy #7 Flowers
- Crafty Catz Quote or Sentiment
- Crafty Sentiments Flowers
- Crazy 4 Challenges #86 Lots of Flowers
- Flutter By Wednesdays #153 open
- My Mum's Craft Shop #4 Cute and Girly
- Prairie Fairy Friday #52 For the Girls
- Raise The Bar #65 Flower Power
- Some Odd Girl Shaped Card
- Southern Girls Let's hear it for the girls
- Squigglefly #97 Shaped Cards
- Stamp Insanity Bling
- Word Play Weekend challenge #1 Flowers


Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations:


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,


Supplies
STAMPS: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamp Daffodil Charlotte, sentiments stamps from Whimsy Stamps
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COPICS: E11, E00, E000, R20 etc.
PAPER: MME Stella & Rose Gertie 6x6 paper pad
CARD:  Craftwork Cards Back2Basic card base, Rymans 200gsm bright white coated card (for Copics), SU Whisper White, SU Kraft
EMBELLIES: Prima flowers, gems, Viva decor glitter liner pen
TOOLS: MS border punches, leaf punc, butterfly punch,

29 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful..I love the yellow so much..the fences are adorable with the little flowers and her dress is gorgeous...sooo pretty..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I adore the fence you made with the little flowers. That is so creative! your butterflies are wonderful with the dimension you gave them! Overall just a fabulous job! Thanks for joining us in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour you have used. Only you could use a simple centre step template and come up with something so different. Another amazing card

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my this is stunning hun! So pretty with all those lil details!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges and hope to see you for the next challenge!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning and just perfect for our challenge at crafty catz this week hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Sem! Love the fun shape and the sweet scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card! I love the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CraftyCatz,x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a lovely, pretty card. I love the folds. Thanks for playing at MMCS this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love that sweet image!!! That fence is just too cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fabulous!! love the shape and the fence

    thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely! What a sweet image, and I love that fence! Thank you for playing along with StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool card! Love how you did the sides! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is beautiful! Love the different card style, the colors you chose are just gorgeous and love how you used the fence punch. So happy you shared your card with me at word play weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh super card beautiful design and layout and lovely papers

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz A Challenge Quote/ Sentiment,.

    Good Luck,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, love the colous and that image is darling. A Gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE IT!!! This is so gorgeous, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful creation! I love this front panel step card...one of my favorite styles to make! Would you be able to share what brand the butterfly punch is? thanks!
    pamsparks74@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! gorgeous coloring and design. what a beautiful card, Sem! amazing work! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just gorgeous! I always love the papers and colors you mix! So pretty! Such a lovely image and that fence is genius!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty! Love the little scene you created! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhh wow!!!! I love your card, it is gorgeous Hun! Thanks heaps for playing along with us at SGC Blog & hope to see you again

    Hugz, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you shaped the fence. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this creation and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. super cute card I love all the details =P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh Sem!! This is so very sweet and very creative hun!! LOVE the fence with the flowers!! Such a beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! That is BEAUTIFUL!

    Thank you for playing with us at Some Odd Girl this fortnight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is absolutely gorgeous Simone! You do wonders with Sparkle's stamps. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week, I'm just catching up on commenting now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x