Tuesday, 3 May 2011

SCRSC41: Kim's Sketch


Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge!

Before I get to the challenge details, I would first like to welcome Danni Bindel as our Guest Designer this month - welcome Danni, SO pleased to have you with us! :o)

Second, I want to tell you about a fun new feature that Sparkle has started - a monthly newsletter.  In each newsletter you will find a profile of one of the SCRS characters!  There will also be an exclusive discount code included in each monthly newsletter!  To sign up, just pop along to the SCRS blog and you will find the sign-up box in the sidebar.

So back to this week's SCRS challenge! This week we have this fabby sketch by Kim:


Sparkle is sponsoring Pile It On Challenge this week, so I decided to follow their theme of Time to Travel and used my adorable Suitcase Ruby stamp.  (Last time I used this stamp, I made a suitcase card which you can see here).   If you join in the challenge over at Pile It On, you could win your very own Suitcase Ruby stamp plus a Travelling Josh stamp!  Why not combine their challenge with our challenge and double your chance of winning some delicious SCRS rubber!


I pulled out some older October Afternoon paper from the 'County Fair' line (I see it is no longer listed on their website!).  I do love OA, as I find I can use their 12x12 papers to make my 6x6 cards no problem, and so rarely buy the 8x8 pads.  I followed the sketch pretty faithfully, and made my own flower embellishment out of scraps of card and paper to match the large flower of the patterned paper.

I'd like to enter this card into a few challenges:

- Shannon's Sentiments #24 Handmade Embellishment
- Stamping Vacation Paper with large flowers
- Totally Gorjuss #78 Recipe 1 2 3 (1 image, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellies - ribbon, brad, spacer)
- Pile it On #18 Time to Travel
- Simply Create #42 Metal (I have used a metal spacer and metal brad)
- StampInsanity #56 Metal


Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations:



Our darling daughter is off on a school camp for the next few days.  We shall be waving her off tomorrow morning and then won't see or speak to her again until late Friday afternoon.  This will be the first time she will have gone away without us and us not be able to speak to her everyday.  I'm not quite sure how I'll cope (she's only in Year 5!) and although I know she will have a fantastic time, I will worry the whole time!!  Well, I am her mum!! LOL!

Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,


Supplies
STAMP: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamp 'Suitcase Ruby'
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Tim Holtx 'Vintage Photo' distress ink
COPICS: E11, E00, E000, R20 etc
PAPER: October Afternoon 'Country Fair' - Ferris Wheel and Petting Zoo
CARD:  Craftwork Cards Back2Basic card base, Rymans 200gsm bright white coated card (for Copics), Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore CC040 French Roast and

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and fantastic colouring. Love your colour scheme too. Thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss. Hope to see you back on Saturday. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insane coloring skills - and color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love that image and the coloring is superb! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a gorgeous card and your coloring always blows me away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW the colours are FAB and I love your image. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create.

    Ike xx
    SC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! gorgeous coloring. such a beautiful card, Sem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Just love the colouring. Thanks for playing at the TG this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable image! I just love this!
    Thanks for playing with Stamping Vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x