Friday, 8 April 2011

Sparkle Creations: Introducing .. Rainy Day Ruby

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 1 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps new release sneak peeks!

Today, the DT (along with our April guest designer Suzanne Bier), are showcasing the first of 2 brand new SCRS stamps that will be released tomorrow. So without further ado, I am pleased to introduce ... RAINY DAY RUBY and sentiment ...


As you can see, I didn't add the sentiment to my card (for no other reason than I just completely forgot about it, oops! *blush* sorry!).  It reads "wishing you sunshine" and is just perfect for this stamp!

Here is a close up of the scene I created with this image:


First, I stamped the image and then drew in the pavement. Next I masked the image and pavement and created a sky background by using some Versamagic Chalk ink and a cloud die cut.  I then got to work adding some grass and colouring the image and pavement.  I then decided to paper piece Ruby's umbrella, coat and boots, using the C00s copics to give some shading.  I used my Viva Decor Holo Iridescent glitter liner pen to fill in the falling raindrops, and finally I added some glossy accents to the pavement (to look like puddles) and to Ruby's umbrella for that 'authentic' wet look! Ooh, and I used my Viva Decor Pearl pen to give Ruby a 'real' pearl earring!




The majority of time was spent creating my image plate and I did this over a couple of days.  The actual putting together of the card was relatively easy. I am very proud that this layout is my own and evolved as I was putting the card together (you know how much I love to rely on sketches, LOL!).  I didn't have any ribbon to match, so I used my YG03 copic to colour some white ribbon.

Be sure to visit all rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Rainy Day Ruby. Sparkle will be giving away Rainy Day Ruby to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designer's Rainy Day Ruby blog posts (links listed below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Rainy Day Ruby post there. You have until midnight EST today to comment and the lucky winner will be announced tomorrow!



This card will be for SALE in my ETSY SHOP later today

Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you tomorrow for release day!

Hugs,


Entered into the following challenges
- Anything Goes #38 Pearls
- Card Cupids Dots and/or stripes
- Card Ideas Challenge Spotty Dotty
- Crafty Calendar April Showers
- Crafty Creations #113 Rain Showers
- Creative Card Crew April Showers
- I Did it Creations #49 Anything Goes
- Make it Colourful #13 Bright Colours
- One Stop Challenge #125 Spots and dots
- Papertake Weekly Anything Goes (opt: something new)
- Pixie Cottage #64 Paper Piecing
- Sassy Studio Designs #67 April Showers
- Stamping Boutique #3 Handmade flowers
- The Paper Variety Photo inspiration - April Showers


Supplies
STAMP: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps 'Rainy Day Ruby'
INK: Memento Tuxedo Blank ink pad, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Sea Breeze'
COPICS:  E40s for the hair, E00 E000 E11 and R20 for the skin, C00s for the shading and pavement, YGs for the grass.
PAPER: Cosmo Cricket 6x6 paper pad Pixielicious (available HERE from Quixotic Paperie) 
CARD: Core'dinations Colorcore 12x12
EMBELLIES: 5mm purple gems, 4mm purple pearls, green brad, bead cap (flattened), ribbon (coloured), Viva Decor Pearl Pen and Viva Decor Glitter Liner Pen (both available from Quixotic Paperie)

33 comments:

  1. The liquid glass on the raindrops & puddles looks SO cool!! Definitely inspiring! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW.....your card is SPECTACULAR. All of the elements, especially the glossy accents, just put it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, beautiful card, love the sweet image.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING. Your attention to detail really pays off. Love the raindrops. Must get some wellies like hers. One of your best cards yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love all the details (the "rain drops", the sparkle) you have added to this cute image! The coloring is just fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous, I love everything about your card, I love the way you have made the water look really.. well wet..lol Gorgeous
    Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Gorgeous card and look at all the work involved!! I am now following you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sem, this is gorgeous, lovely bright fun colours! Great paper piecing and I love the glossy accents to mimic the rain. Fabby! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the raindrops and paper pieceing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING! I love the scene and all the little extras like the puddles! I am so going to steal this next time!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable card Sem, the image is cute and the colours are great
    thanks for joining the TSB challenge
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab card, love all the details you've added to the scene you created. Great layout and all in all fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous! I love the whole scene and love her purple and green outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! This is the cutest card ever!!! What alot of work but so darling , I love it!! My favorite on the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! Luv the little scene you made for her! Oh and all the wonderful details like the rain and puddle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THUD!!! This is just beyond stunning! I totally {heart} this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is amazing, Sem! LOVE the sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many clever tips on this card - love the idea of adding shading on your paper-pieced images.

    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is gorgeous. These papers are fantastic and I love how you drew in the sidewalk. Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, this card is just amazing, lovelovelove it! You've done and outstanding job with your adorable image--awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! I love how you added glossy accents to make your scene look 'wet'!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable Semsee! I love the bright colors you chose and the fun liquid epoxy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! This card screams FANTASTIC!!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun colors and love the scene you created for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is just Adorable. Great Job on using the glossy accents as rain.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely to see your work at Card Cupids! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this great card!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card.... the paper piecing is perfect, the paper stunning, and the image so cute...
    thanks for playing at the pixie cottage with us!
    hugs
    sadia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and the detail of this card is outstanding. Its just perfect for our April Showers Challenge at the Creative Card Crew.
    Caroline x DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow....this is stunning! I love how real those raindrops look! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for joining TSB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fab card! Love the crystal effects as the puddles.
    Thanks for joining us at TSB.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x