Tuesday, 26 April 2011

SCRSC40: Butterfly Cafe


Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we have a fabulous photo to draw inspiration from:

I used my Cafe Lucy stamp for my card - I just love her! I chose to make a card with loads of elements from the photo - the floor (Kraft card), the butterflies, the flowers, the squares on the quilt, the colours!

As soon as I saw this photo, I just knew that my brand new Echo Park 'Springtime' 6x6 paper pad from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie was the absolute perfect fit for this card - my only dilemma was which of the gorgeous double-sided papers to use!  I actually ended up using just one piece, but both sides, as of course it coordinates perfectly!  I also pulled out my Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add 'bodies' to the butterflies, a centre to the flower in Lucy's hair and also to add teeny, tiny pearl buttons to her shirt!


Recipe

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 114 sketch - thanks for the super sketch Karen!
- Aly's Sunday Challenge 40 Baker's Twine
- Card Cupids Punch
- I Did it Creations 52 Recipe - 1 image, 2 DP, 3 embellies (ribbon, button, butterflies)
- Incy Wincy Designs #91 Buttons & Bows
- My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge 2 (I hope the shine from my pearls is okay for this challenge , but if not scrub me off the list!)
- Fabulous Friday Challenge 22 Birds and/or Butterflies


Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations:


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,


Supplies
STAMP: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamp 'Cafe Lucy'
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COPICS: E11, E00, E000, R20, E41, E43, E44, R81, R85, V000, V01, V15
PAPER: Echo Park Springtime 6x6 paper pad
CARD:  Craftwork Cards Back2Basic card base, Rymans 200gsm bright white coated card (for Copics), Core'dinations Colorcore, SU Kraft, SU Whisper White
EMBELLIES: Purple gingham ribbon, button, Divine Twine, Viva Decor Pearl Pen
TOOLS: Bow Easy, MS border punch, Lacey Squars Nesties, butterfly punches

8 comments:

  1. So pretty and love the pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just precious! Love the papers and colors you used. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at Frosted Designs.

    Hugs,
    ~ Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, so pretty! Love all the punches/die you have used!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges and hope to see you for the next challenge!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that paper, I might have to find some for myself soon!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! It's so girly!
    Perfect in all details!
    Eli
    http://scrap-colors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing card and you have certainly been inspired by the photo. I love those soft colours and Lucy is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous colouring!

    Sem, please email me so i can send your your prize. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x