Thursday, 21 April 2011

SCRSC39: Handmade Embellishment


Hi everyone! Today I have my Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge make to share! This week we are challenging you to add a handmade embellishment to your project.

I used Surfing Oliver stamp and followed this week's Cardabilities #29 sketch for my DT make.  Sparkle is sponsoring this week's Cardabilities challenge #29 with a fabulous prize package comprising Eight 6x6 sheets of the new and yummy Crate Paper Portrait Collection, coordinating buttons, prima flowers, 3 yards of ribbon AND Cupcake Ruby and Charlotte with a Rose SCRS rubber stamps! WOW!

My handmade embellishment is my buttons. I simply used a small circle punch to punch out 2 discs of patterned paper, inked the edges with some brown chalk ink, pierced 2 button holes in each 'button' with my SU pokey tool, then threaded some SU twine through, tied it, and voila!  Also, as I didn't have the correct punch to make the edging detail of the middle strip, I simply cut out pieces of brown card using my Labels 4 nesties and then glued them to the back of the white strip!

Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Why not do as I have done and combine your SCRS challenge entry with this week's Cardabilities sketch to double your chances of winning some lovely Sparkle Creations rubber? The prize over at Cardabilities is

Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations:


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. I never would've guessed you made the buttons! How fabulous! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! Love the paperes and your gorgeous coloring - the little embossed panel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Sem.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing as always. Love those buttons and also the palm trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x