Tuesday, 5 April 2011

SCRSC37: Splashing through Neutrals

[ETA new and improved photo - the other was AWFUL, sorry!]

Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we have a a colour challenge for you - use neutrals with a splash of colour.  I think I got this a little wrong, as I was thought it was neurals with one colour - oops!!  My colour splash is orange, but you could add as many colours as you want as long as the majority of your card is neutral.

I would also like to wish Sparkle a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope you have a birthday as wonderful as you, chick! I count my lucky stars every single day that I get to be on your Design Team - thank you!!!!!  You ROCK!!

I used Cruisin' Chloe for my DT make today.   When I update the photo you will be able to see that I used glossy accents along with some glitter on the windcreen and headlights. I applied one layer of gloss and then sprinkled with just a smidgen of glitter. Once that was dry I then applied a 2nd coat of gloss to finish.  It looks really cool IRL!


I also want to let you know that Sparkle is sponsoring Unscripted Sketches #100 this week and you could win one of two SCRS rubber stamps (Scooter Chloe or Swimming Lucy) if you join in.  So why combine our challenge with US#100 and you will have 2 chances to win some lovely SCRS rubbah!

Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

For those who are interested, this card is for sale HERE in my ETSY SHOP.

Do pop along to the rest of the SCRS DT's blogs to take a peek at their awesome challenge creations and don't forget to wish Sparkle a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Craft Your Passion #52 Anything Goes
- Crazy Challenge #61 Flowers
- House of Gilli Ribbons & Pearls
- Make It Monday with Kraft Outlet Spring Cleaning (with kraft)
- Make It Monday #31 Anything Goes
- PaperPlaytime #42 Anything Goes
- My Partner in Crafting Crime #24 Layers
- Stamping Scrapping Sparkle

Supplies
STAMP: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamp Cruisin Chloe
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COPICS: E11, E00, E000, R20
PAPER: Basic Grey
CARD:  Craftwork Cards Back2Basic card base, Rymans 200gsm bright white coated card (for Copics), SU Kraft
EMBELLIES: Prima flowers, Pearls from stash, ribbon from stash
TOOLS: MS border punch, Glossy Accents, SU Glitter

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!!! This is sooooo cute, and I love the colors, love the flowers :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piecing! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely FABULOUS card! Love the paper pieced car - really cool!

    Hugs

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card- I love the colours and flowers and the paper-pieced car looks really fab!! :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at My Partner In Crafting Crime this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem

    Wow, this is awesome!! Brilliant paper piecing.

    Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    Just a reminder that there is a new prize up for grabs this week, in addition to the regular featured blogger. To encourage everyone to share a little blog love, someone’s comment on one of the entries to this week’s linky party will be randomly chosen as the winner.

    The only criteria is that you have to mention that you saw their creation on the Make It Monday linky party in your comment.

    So the more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

    Good luck.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super paper piecing. Love the way you have done the windscreen. Another brilliant card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fab! I love your paper piecing and the glittery window! Love it all!!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my ~ this is adorable; love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sem! Love the fun piecing and how you did the windshield!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is awesome! I love every single thing about it!! It rocks... it's fun, it's inspiring, it's original... like I said, AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful card.Just love the colours and would I like a car like that!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge
    blog. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just love the patterned car with the sparkly windshield!! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your patterned car - shades of the 60s. Very creative. Thanks so much for sharing your talent at the SSCC 'sparkle' challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Image such a fun card thanks for sharing with us at MPPC good luck. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card....love all the glossy windows and sparkle. Saw your card over at Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a darling card. I love the paper piecing of the car and yes the glossy accents...just perfect:)
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our Anything Goes Challenge. We hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. XX Barbara GDT

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, this is fabulous Sem, so love the hippy beetle, it is gorgeous! I bought this stamp the other day but not had a chance to use it yet, soon though! Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable card this is! I LOVE the neutral color palette and love that fun image. Totally makes me smile and happy to see it. Love the paper piecing and the glittered windshield, and your coloring is fantastic, too.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just Lovely! Thank you for playing along at the Crazy Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x