Saturday, 2 April 2011

Kenny K Star and my sketch!


Hey everyone!  Today I have my Sketch Saturday DT make to share with you!  As it's the first Saturday of the month, it's 'DT week' over at SS which means Jo gets to have a well-earned break and one of the SS gals hosts the challenge.  Today it's my turn and I have come up with this sketch for you:


We are being sponsored by the amazing Whimsy Stamps - thank you SO much Denise!!!  If you join in this week, you will be entered into the draw to win a Whimsy Stamps rubber stamp and die package worth a total of $31!!  How awesome is that?


For my card I used Kenny K for Whimsy Stamps 'Star' image and also the Music Notes background stamp to create the music sheet.  I decided to go for a gothic feel for this card, and so distressed, sanded and inked almost everything, LOL!  The black ribbon is organza and I ruffled it by laying down a double-sided strip of tape (the permanent and really sticky stuff!) and then ruffled as I stuck!  Easy peasy - much quicker than sewing!  For the music paper I found some Parchment paper that I've had for many years (used to use it for printing out CVs many moons ago!), stamped the Music Notes image in black ink, inked up the edges with some black chalk ink, screwed it up so it was all creased, then distressed the edges using my Tim Holtz edge distresser and carefully tore it in places.

I really love how his card turned out (not often I like my own work, LOL!), but I had a really hard time photographing it (probably because it was thunderstorming at the time!).  It is quite different from my 'usual' style, and I was worried I couldn't pull it off, but I like the gothic/vintage look! :o)

This card is available to buy from my ETSY shop HERE.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,


Challenges I'd like to enter

- Card Makin' Mamas #18 Embellish it
- Simply Create #40 DIY
- Wags n Whiskers #51 Ribbons & Pearls
- Delightful Challenges Flowers
- Dutch Dare Card #106 Distressing
- Some Odd Girl Challenge Pleat Something (I have pleated the organza ribbon)
- Amber's Crafts Challenge #3 Flowers
- NettieG's challenge Roses
- Squiggefly #91 Handmade patterned paper (music paper)
- Kenny K Challenge #38 Aquamarine


Supplies
STAMPS: Whimsy Stamps STAR (also available from Quixotic Paperie for UK/Europe) and Whimsy Stamps MUSIC NOTES (also available from Quixotic Paperie for UK/Europe)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Versamagic black chalk ink
PAPER: Purple star paper from Echo Park Happy Halloween (available HERE at Quixotic Paperie); Blue swirl paper from Prima 6x6 Reflections pad (available HERE at Quixotic Paperie)

26 comments:

  1. Brilliant sketch which I am off to use. The card is amazing. I love the colours and coloured to perfection as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is AWESOME!! I love how you've used the layout and you've coloured 'Star' PERFECTLY!! I love the purple streaks in her hair. The colours you've used work so well together and those flowers are just yummy!! Thanks for sharing!

    Lou Mac. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is soo gorgeous - love all the details and papers. The sketch was really fun to work with.
    Wish you a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring, and I love this layout! Thanks for paying in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wonderful Sem! I love the sketch too, so fun!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the layers and those pretty papers! Great colors! Love the music paper too! Great distressing too! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT card - love the way you've used the music paper in conjunction with the image.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation Sem! I love this image, and the colours you've used are great. Thanks for sharing at Dutch Dare. Hugs, Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sem!! This totally Rocks (pun intended!!) Love it and thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Squigglefly!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just amazing! I love the colors on your card! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl! Hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem
    A gorgeous card love the image and colour's are fabulous,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Sketch, love the distressing, the colours, the image...oh wait, just everything. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Flowers challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO fab, Sem! love the distressing with that awesome sheet music, and the COLOURS you used are fantastic! thanks so much for playing along with our "pleat something" challenge at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so dark and Gothic i love the layering and your colouring of the image rocks

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on SS and just had to comment it is wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wowzer girl!! This creation really rocks!! :) I adore your coloring and the musical paper in the background is such a clever idea!! Thanks so much for joining us at Squigglefly!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. so elegant! i love the rich colors... and that image is ROCKIN!

    thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at KKKGC....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your card is so beautiful, the image is really cool.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this card is unbelievable! Amazing detail. Thank you for playing along with the Simply Create challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome!

    Thanks for playing along with our Flower Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will come back next Wednesday for Challenge #4!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful card! I love your coloring and the lovely color-combinations.

    Thanks for being ODD with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is FANTASTIC!! LOVE your choice of color and YOUR coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers. I look forward to seeing more of your work next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Simply Create this time - hope you can join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x