Wednesday, 2 March 2011

YNSC#37: Asha from India


Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have my YNS Challenge #37 DT make to share. We have a nice and easy colour challenge of BLUE for you this fortnight, so we want to see a little or a lot of blue on your challenge projects!

This is also our very first challenge of our new DT term!  Most of the team from our last term have stayed on for another term (yay!), with just a few changes.  We bid a fond farewell to Sylvia and Linda at the end of last month, and we have two new YNS starlets joining us for this new term.  So I would like to say a personal WELCOME to Dana and Diana! I'm so looking forward to working with you both! :o)

For my challenge creation I decided to use one of the brand new World Kids stamps - Asha from India.  Isn't she darling?  I have had the 8x8 DCWV Taj Mahal stack in my stash for ages now (ever since I bought it in a sale a while ago), and it was perfect for this World Kids stamp...but not so easy to photograph foiled card, LOL!


I really wanted to paper piece Asha's sari, but the DCWV paper  is coated and extremely shiny, and try as I might, none of my ink would dry!  However, I did paper piece her sash!  I stamped in versamark, sprinkled some gold EP over, and then heat embossed. I then cut out the sash and added gold glitter glue to the middle panel. Then once it was dry, I stuck it on to my copic-coloured Asha and voila!  I didn't have a flatback gem tiny enough to use for Asha's bindi, so I improvised and used a teeny, tiny dab of my Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Bronze.


Please do hop on over to the YNS Challenge blog and take a peek at my teamies creations - they are as gorgeous as ever!

Oh, and before I go I just want to tell you all about the revamp of the YNS blog.  Up until very recently it has been Karen's personal blog, but Karen would now like this blog to be more of a YNS company blog, and so you will see regular posts from both the DT as well as Karen now!  And to mark this change, we've revamped the look of the blog, so we'd love to invite you to pop on over and take a peek!

Finally, I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

- Copic Creations #45 Complimentary colours
- Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion #47 Girly Girl
- Cupcake Craft #131 Anything but square

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, and thank you so much for taking the time to pop by my little corner of the www today!! :o)

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. What a little sweetie. Lucky you having the perfect backing paper I never have. Ganother fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling Sem!! Your coloring Rocks!! Your choices of colors and dp is gorgeous! Love it!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh she is super adorable and I love all the gold detailing you did on her sash. Oh this is just so beautiful Sem! I love it!!!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic colour combo and colouring, beautiful image and the papers are just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card, love how you have done the sash!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sem! I just can't get enough of this card! All aspects are beautiful and the way you colored her hair is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW Sem girl this is sooo SWEET love your paper, and this adorable image!!!! Stunning colors gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What perfect DP for this image. PERFECT. She is colored so cute as well. Love the subtle blue in the background. Awesome as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could color hair like that!!! Absolutely gorgeous, Sem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable image and great papers you have used to match!! Love this color combo! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a fantastic card ! This is aboslutely gorgeous ! I adore it ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh. Your coloring is wonderful! Your use of deliberate streaking for her hair is stunning. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.
    Hugs...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUCH A WONDERFUL CARD!!! So pretty and well done. She is a beauty.

    Was blog hopping and came to your blog...

    Sorry that someone has been stealing your designs.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is totally gorgeous!! I love all the Indian elements you've added and you've done an amazing job with her hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x