Saturday, 12 March 2011

SS146 & Whimsy Sneak Peek Day 1

This is my second post of the day! For my Sparkle Creations new release post, please scroll down to the previous post - thanks! :o)


As it's Saturday, it's time for a brand new sketch over at Sketch Saturday...


Today is also the first of 4 days of Whimsy Stamps New Release Sneak Peeks.  From today until Tuesday, the Whimsy DT are showcasing the stamps that will be released on Wednesday! YAY!  Today we are sneak peeking the new stamps illustrated by Crissy Armstrong, and I have used Celebrate Big! for today's creation:


Red is one of my favourite colours after orange, turquoise and lime green.  I have a lot of red tops (in fact I am wearing one of my red sweaters right now, LOL!) but I always forget that my digi camera HATES red, LOL!  It's almost impossible to correctly capture the colours in a card that I've added red to, and even with some limited editing through Windows Live Photo Gallery, I still haven't managed to get a good 'real-life' piccie!  To give you an idea, I have used Copic R27 for the deepest red colour, but I think it looks quite orangey here?  Well, I'm sure everyone has (or has had) this BG paper, so you know what it's supposed to look like, LOL!

The Whimsy Stamps DT are holding a fun BLOG HOP to celebrate our new release on March 16th. We have a tonne of prizes to give away, so be sure to join us then!

Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. The backing papers you have used on this are perfect. This would be a wonderful card for a young child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem girl I LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout and fun bright bday colors..This looks FABULOUS!!!! EEEK I soooo love this image and your coloring is over the top!!! Big hugs sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fabulous layout for this fun little guy!! Those BG papers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the bold colors and this image is just adorable!! Great sneek peek!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful! I love the sketch and I think I will have to play along this week!
    I have the same problem with some reds, they come out looking neon orange. LOL Good thing I like orange!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch, I can't wait to try it, I love circles, perfect papers for this image and I think the reds look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this Sem!! You use of the sketch for this image is perfect. Your coloring is gorgeous!! Such a fun birthday card!! Perfect papers!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I just love everything about this card! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I love the texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Sem, this is just too stinkin' CUTE!!! :) LOVE the yummy papers...so perfect for this image and the layout is very clever!! Great sneaky peek girl!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x