Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Sparkle Creations & Sketch Saturday


Hi everyone!

WOW! This past week has been really topsy-turvy for me. You may have noticed that I missed my Sparkle Creations challenge last week (SCRS31) and also my Sketch Saturday card this Saturday.  I'm SO sorry to Sparkle and Jo and my teamies.  I have emailed them to explain, but also wanted to apologise here.  Apart from the shocking news about the NZ earthquake, I have been suffering terribly with my health - first my teeth and then my other problem which is too personal to discuss here on an open forum.  Anyway, enough doom and gloom!

So to play catch up I have combined yesterday's brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge with the most recent Sketch Saturday sketch!

This week our theme at SCRS is PUNCHES and if you play along you could win Street Corner Josh (one of my faves).  [In order to qualify for the prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.

Here is the SS144 sketch that I followed, and this week at SS we are being sponsored by The Craft Barn who are offering 2 Sarah Kay stamps (winner's choice):



As you can see, I turned the sketch 90 degress to the left and used one of my fave SCRS stamps, Chef Oliver.  I used my SU scallop border punch to create 2 lines of 'peas'.  I know the sketch requires one, but I have a thing about symmetry, and just couldn't resist adding another strip down the other side, LOL! I know this card isn't one of my best (I think it would look much more finished with the addition of stitching, but I don't own a sewing machine!), and I apologise for the poor lighting of the photo.

Do pop along to SCRS and Sketch Saturday to take a peek at my amazingly talented DT sisters' stunning work!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome! How cute for thanking someone for a great meal or a BBQ invite! Love it!

    Life just gets in the way sometimes and your health is way more important. Please take care of yourself first!

    My heart goes out to the NZ earthquake victims. How fast our lives can change.

    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sem! I haven't stopped by for awhile so here I am to catch up. What a thrilling tour I've had of your lastest work! Your coloring is better than ever and your composition is wonderfully artistic. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW So fun Sem, you totally ROCKED this sketch and LOVE this cute image!!!! Fabulous gf!!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card as always. Wonderful colouring. Have e mailed you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x