Saturday, 26 March 2011

Sketch Saturday #148: Whimsy Club Kid


Happy Saturday! Today I have my Sketch Saturday #148 make to share with you. We are being sponsored by The Craft Barn and one lucky participant will win a *NEW* Tim Holtz Air Travel plate worth £19.25! WOW! This is one of those times when I wish I could be entered into the draw! LOL!

And here is sketch #148:


I don't mind admitting that this sketch was a challenge for me!  I actually started my DT make on Wednesday would you believe, but after a lot of faffing about and cutting up of lots of different paper, I eventually binned the card this morning and started again.  I ended up rotating the sketch 90 degrees to the left and substituted the triangles for die cuts.

This sassy image is one of the newest Kenny K for Whimsy Stamps rubber stamps called 'Club Kid'.  I coloured her with Copics and had intended NOT to colour her hair with lots of texture, but have now found that I actually can't colour hair any other way ... oops!!  I also used the 'celebrate your day' sentiment from the Party Pony stamp set and the accessory stamp (stamped in the corners of the image plate) from the Spring Stepping stamp set. 

The DPs and die cuts are from the Crate Paper Brook Collection Kit.  I also have the Crate Paper Pink Plum Collection Kit in my stash (another of my favourites from Crate Paper) and this kit is currently on sale at 50% off at only £8.00 over at Quixotic Paperie!  The paper really is gorgeous quality and if you don't have either of these kits, buy them!!  When I first heard that Crate Paper were bringing out 6x6 pads I was really excited, but I then found out that they didn't actualy scale down the patterns but simply just cut the 12x12 into four 6x6 pieces!!!  So disappointing!  However, Echo Park are about to release 5 of their current lines in 6x6 pads, in which the patterns have been sized down, so I can't WAIT to get these!! :o)

Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! Your card is amazing, and I adore how you have coloured the image too, I wish I could colour like you can! You rock girl!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your colouring is fantastic, what a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOWSA!!!! This is an amazing card, Sem!! Brilliant colouring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, so fantastic coloring and the papers and details are just perfect. I think I have to get myself this image and try out my copics again :)
    Have a lovely sunday ♥
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous card Sem,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my WORD Sem this is over the top fabulous, LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors, amazing design sweetie!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Biggest hugs my friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! Sem this is fantastic. Your coloring is out of this world! What a beautiful card and wonderful color choice!!! LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colouring is absolutely amazing! Fantastic card, I just love it!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,fabulous card Sem, love your die cuts, they look amazing! Such beautiful colouring too!]
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x