Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Whimsy Stamps new rubber release BLOG HOP!!!!


Hello and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps February new rubber release BLOG HOP!

We have 16 gorgeous new Whimsy Stamps plus 2 new fantastic dies to show you today! These new goodies are available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. We also have some wonderful special guests joining us for this hop - Beate Johns, Deb Routledge, Chris Dark, Jacque Beddingfield, Tracy Payne, and Elaine Hughes!

The Whimsy Stamps DT have been sneak peeking these fabulous stamps for the past 5 days, so if you missed them be sure to hop on over to the Whimsy Inspirations Blog for some more fabulousness!

Here is a full list of the wonderful new rubber stamps and dies being released today:

5 stamps / stamp sets from Crissy Armstrong
Fragrant Rose ~ Darling Daisies ~ Smell the Flowers ~Valerie's Spring Rain ~ Fancy Bench

3 stamps from Meljen's Designs
Balloon Mouse ~ Baby Bunny's Bottle ~ Spring Sitter Bunny

4 stamps from Kenny K
Uptown Angel ~ Star ~ Lady Raven ~ Vicki LeeVicious

4 stamps / stamp sets from Raindrop Echo Designs
Postage Stamps ~ Birthday Postage Stamps ~ Balloon Sentiments ~ Birthday Wish List

2 dies
Postage Stamp Die ~ Balloon Set Dies

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from one of my crafting and artist idols Crissy's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the beginning of the hop at my beautiful friend Chris's blog.

The hop starts today (Wednesday February 9th at noon EST) and ends on Wednesday February 16th at noon EST.

For this hop we have 6 different prize draws! We have not one but TWO grand prize draws, so two lucky hoppers will win a large selection of new release stamps. Grand Prize 1 will be for those who help us advertise the hop, and Grand Prize 2 will be for those who hop along with us. Also, we have 4 mini candy stops throughout the hop where you can enter to win a new release stamp! I'm not going to tell you where they are, so if you haven't found them you'll just have go back to the beginning and start hopping! *wink*

For my blog hop creation I have stepped out of my comfort zone somewhat - lots of distressing, loads of embellishments and not a Copic marker in sight! Eek!!  In fact, I didn't actually do any colouring for this piece!!  Instead I stamped the single rose stamp from the *new stamp set* FRAGRANT ROSE (isn't it beautiful - Crissy has done it again!!) and one of Ann's fab *new* POSTAGE STAMPS in dark brown chalk ink onto kraft cardstock.  I cut out the rose using my scissors, but used the brand *new* POSTAGE STAMP DIE to cut out the Postage Stamp.  I then got to work with inking and distressing and eventually came up with this tag (click on the pics to enlarge them):








See, told you it is VERY different from my usual style, LOL!  I have to say that I loved making it, but if it was to use on a present, I'd need to buy a rather large one to attach it to, as it's pretty big (9cm x 15cm)!

This rubber release is gobsmackingly AMAZING!!!!  I hope you've been saving your pennies as I just know you're going to want to buy a tonne of these new releases!  I predict that the *new* POSTAGE STAMPS (there are 2 different sets) and the *new* POSTAGE DIE will sell out very quickly, so be sure to place your orders after finishing the hop - seriously, don't wait! 

I can see so many possibilities for these postage stamps - one being dressing up envelopes.  All my cards are popped into a plain, white envelope (unless they need a box...and then it's still plain white, LOL!) and so these stamps are going to be perfect for making each envelope special and unique.  Ooh, I may even stamp it in a coordinating colour to the card and then use some clear embossing powder to give it texture (must buy some first though, LOL!).  I can also see these POSTAGE STAMPS being a huge hit with scrapbookers as well as cardmakers ... well, every type of papercrafter really!  As I said, I ADORE every single stamp/die of the new release, but Ann, I tip my hat to you ... these postage stamps and coordinating dies are genuis!!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

- Simon Says Stamp Anything but a card
- ColourQ #71  Kraft, peachy Pinks, White
- Try it on Tuesday Tag with Hearts & Flowers (although my tag doesn't have any actual hearts on it, it has been make with love for a friend, but it this doesn't count, please scrub me off the list of entries)
- Kaboodle Doodle #53 Ribbon
- Craft Your Passion #44 Anything Goes
- Scrap it with a Song #42 My Life Would Suck Without You
- Totally Papercrafts Friendship

So now it's time for you to continue the hop by hopping on over to the amazingly talented Deb's blog who I know has something fabulous to show you!

Thank you so much for hopping with us today and I hope you enjoy the new releases!

Hugs,


Supply List
STAMPS & DIE: Whimsy Stamps
CARDSTOCK: SU Kraft, Coredinations French Roast
PAPER: DCWV Garden Party 8x8 stack
INK: Dark Brown chalk ink
EMBELLIES: Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts (inked), ribbon from stash, SU linen thread, Prima pink flower, SU glitter, flatback pearls
TOOLS: Corner rounder punch, TH edge distresser, Sander, Martha Stewart border punch, mini x-cut butterfly punch

88 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC job you've done with this! I love these collage style projects.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant tag Love the whimsy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER!! Sem, this is so STUNNING!! LOVE the elegant Vintage style you've turned this tag into!! Brilliant design hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, it is beautiful Sem, so love the gentle sepia tones, I can see why you would enjoy making this! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sem!! What a gorgeous Vintage tag!! So many stamps are incorporated and details! WOWZER girl!! Stunning!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sam, your tag is absolutely stunning!! I love all the details.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what beautiful colors. I LOVE this tag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tag and I think you done a great job with it. Hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful! You should go out of your comfort zone more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tag is so beautiful.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. BREATH TAKING!!! Oh my I just love everything you have done with this tag, I don't know where to start! Stunning!!!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Simonne what a GORGEOUS vintage tag you've createad. It's stunning!


    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I love the layering on this - the different browns and pinks look great together, and the embellishments are fabulous together!! Beautiful work!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tag...love the vintage look!!!TFS
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! Totally and utterly gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - your tag creation is absolutely STUNNING, Sem! Gorgeous, in fact!

    I just discovered your blog and am now a follower - so VERY nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sem this is so pretty, love the Vintage look and the way you used Crissy's image, just adorable!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sem your card is so b eautiful, I just love the color combo you use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card! I love the colours you used and the flowers are wonderful! =)
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous vintage tag, what patience you have my dear, and I love vintage.
    http://kopperhead100.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantasticly gorgeous tag. Love those new stamps too. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sem WOWWEEE this is one FABULOUS tag GF!!! This is TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful! Kramis - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow Sem this is gorgeous, so much detail on one little tag!!! FabUlous!!
    Thanks for joining us on TPC's birthday bash challenge and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe this is out of your comfort zone ... it's absolutely STUNNING! Woohoo for you!!!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D
    http://www.snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow this is fabulous gorgeous mix of colours, textures and images!!! LOVE it!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What a wonderful tag! thanks for making it beautiful! Amazing! Hugs Elin

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just awesome. I love the rose stamp and postage stamp. Fabby ribbon and where did you get that crochet looking circle the ribbon is threaded through. Love it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh gosh, Sem, I don't know what to say....

    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! The stamps are only as beautiful as the creations they get placed on. I do so much appreciate your kind comment, but seriously, they are nothing without all the creative geniuses on the Whimsy team. So, THANK YOU!

    Oh and if I didn't make that clear....

    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!

    :)

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice work, well done. i like the color combinations.
    hugs Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful tag, absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, love your tag! Love the colors, the inking, and all the different elements!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful creation
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  34. How do you fit so much gorgeousness on such a small tag? This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This tag is just beautiful. Wow--totally creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness.. what an absolutely beautiful creation. I just love the new stamp die.. and you have just put this altogether so nicely.
    Well done
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a gorgeous card Love the vintage feel simply stunning TFS

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so pretty, vintage and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a beautiful tag! I love all the pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I can't beleive I'm your first post. Love the tag the detail is excellant great job. I became a follower
    Thanks for sharing

    karenk3 at ameritech dot net

    ReplyDelete
  41. This looks vintage but fabulous!

    Hugs,
    Evelyn @ Message Keeper
    http://messagekeeper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the vintage distressed look. It's so pretty and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. that is a beautiful tag!! it will look great on any gift!! thanks for sharing!
    brenna
    rbanderson@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous tag, love the distressed look and all your embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! Love your vintage tag! So many fabulous creations along this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Simonne, I love your beautiful tag!! Fabulous colours, brilliant distressing and all your gorgeous details are simply perfect!!!

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a gorgeous work of art Simonne,love it,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  48. I can't believe a tag can be SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! You have done a stunning job with this...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Simonne,
    your tag is absolutely amazing! I love your style and all the details

    Lots of love,
    Randi WS

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's a beautiful tag - so intricate and full of things to look at!

    Esme x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous, i love the postage die :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Gorgeous tag!
    Beautiful design:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is just wonderful. It is an inspiration for me to try a tag or dozen. I agree this is a wonderful release and have added this to my list for anniversary gifts. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love this and all the different angles you took to show us. At every pic I saw something new! So many beautiful details, too numerous to count! What a wonderful creation. Thanks for the inspiration.

    No blog...kelly_wentling@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a beautiful tag! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great tag! I love vintage style and your tag is a wowsa!! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Ya no kidding about saving my pennies!! Wonderful job with the images! This is right up my alley with loads of embellies and distressing, but not the no coloring!! I REALLY like how this turned out! thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  58. AWESOME Sem!! This is so gorgeously detailed~~love the victorian/vintage/elegance all in one tag!!!
    FABULOUS!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow such a pretty tag Sem, love the distressed look and all those lovely details, stunning! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  60. Sem this is amazing and to date I consider it to be one of your best creations . Everthing you do is brilliant but this has something special

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love this style, your tag is gorgeous and i predict that you wil be right about the postage stamps selling out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Absolutely gorgeous.You've really captured the vintage look.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  63. That tag is so gorgeous - love it love it love it - I'm sure I could find a big present to put it on lol x

    ReplyDelete
  64. Gorgeous tag! Love all of the elements. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wowzers!! What a tag!! It is simply gorgeous. Love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see more of your wonderful creations again soon!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks for entering your stunning tag with lots of detailed work, yes, I noticed there is no heart) TIOT tag, from Caz

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow, I love all the layering you did on that tag - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh wow, I love your tag and all the embellishments!! I have to say I really like the POSTAGE STAMPS set!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh wow, I just love that tag!!

    Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  70. wauw! really beautiful! thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Wow what a gorgeous tag, I love the vintage look but am not very confident with creating it so it is lovely to see what you have achieved.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh my heavens, this is positively stunning!!! Beautiful use of images and your details and pretty laces and colours are all so beautiful!!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  73. Beautiful tag...looks so vintage.
    Hugs
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  74. OMGosh! LOVE the Vintage look and gorgeous details! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow, wonderful creation with so lovely Details.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x