Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Chloe Scooting through Pixie Meadow


Happy Tuesday everyone and welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we have a fabulous sketch by Kim!  Thank you Kim - I adore your sketches! {grin}

Unfortunately I had to sit out of last week's challenge due to personal reasons, so I didn't get chance to tell you all about the changes here at SCRS. Sadly we bid a fond farewell to both Lisa and Laurel at the end of January.  I was SO sad to see these amazingly-talented gals go, but I know we won't be strangers!  But that means we have two fabulous new teamies to welcome to our little SCRS family... the uber-talented Shaela Odd and Alice Wertz!  Yippee!!  Welcome girls - I'm SO looking forward to working with you both!

A little side note here that may make you chuckle....  Shaela's blog is called "Yellow Umbrella Designs".  One of the TV shows I watch is "How I met your mother" and one of the recurring themes is that the mother had a yellow umbrella.  So every time I watch that show Shaela always pops into my thoughts!!  A silly little useless fact, but one to make you smile!! :o)

We also have the gorgeous Peggy Toole joining our SCRS team as our Sponsorship Coordinator.  Welcome Peggy! It's SO wonderful to finally be on a DT with you, girl!  So if you want Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps to sponsor your challenge, you know who to get in touch with!

I also want to send a shout out to our February guest, Amber Hight.  Welcome to SCRS Amber!

Okay, so onto my challenge creation.  I decided to use Scooter Chloe for my card today.  The weather is so miserable at the moment, that I really wanted to make a bright and cheerful card, so finally cut into my Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious mini deck:

Ingredients
Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious mini deck ~ Coredinations cardstock Mantis GG020 & Harlequin LL040 ~ Copic markers ~ 5mm flatback pearls ~ Inverted corner punch

Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Catch the Bug Anything Goes
- Copic Creations #43 Use cool colours
- Sweet Stampin Spring Flowers (one of my DPs has flowers all over it, but if it doesn't count, scrub me off)
- Daring Cardmakers Flowers for February (I have taken inspiration from Violets)
- Totally Papercrafts Friendship (Happy 1st Birthday TPC gals!)
- PaperPlay #5 Stamp it Out (use a stamp)

Do pop along to my SCRS DT sistahs' blogs to take a peek at their beautiful challenge creations:



Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Such a darling card! I love all of the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sweet hun!! :) :) :) hope all is well :) :) :) hugs hugs and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem, this is really cute girl!! LOVE your coloring!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too CUTE!!! I adore your coloring, it is always so perfect! I am excited to be on the team with you as well, you rock!
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Sem! These colors are definitely cheerful.. hope all is well, girlie.. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card! love your coloring! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card - very colourful and a lovely image too. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simone, stunning card, I love your use of colours with those fabulous papers and brilliant colouring of the oh so cute image!!

    So glad you could join us at Copic Creations,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in this week's February's Flowers of the Month challenge fromThe Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, this is so cute! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card! Love the sketch and the papers and the way you have cut the image out is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x