Friday, 28 January 2011

YNS World Kids Blog Hop

Welcome to the Your Next Stamp CHA Release BLOG HOP!

We are so excited here at YNS because Karen has taken YNS to CHA for the very first time! That's right, as you're reading this Karen will be at Winter 2011 CHA at booth #4518! WOO-HOO!!

So to celebrate this event, YNS is releasing some fab new YNS stamps just in time for CHA. You may have already caught a sneak peek of some of them last week over at the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog, but today you get to see all 9 World Kids stamps plus a fabulous new Celebrate Collection from HR Designs and 7 new mini stamps.

These new stamps are available to buy right now from the Your Next Stamp store along with all your YNS favourites.

Of course we couldn't let this release pass by without having a fun blog hop! We also have 4 fabulous guests joining us for our hop - the amazing Tori Wild, Cindy Haffner, Carole Burrage and Maylee Pham!

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from Tori's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the start of the hop at Kerri's blog, as you don't want to miss these fab new releases!

The hop starts today (28 January 2011 at 08:00 EST) and ends on 2 February 2011 at midnight EST.

As always here at Your Next Stamp, we have a wonderful prize for you to win! One lucky winner will be drawn at random from the links in the linky list to receive their choice of 3 of the new World Kids stamps!

You will see that every stop along the hop has a linky list - this is the SAME linky list posted on every blog, so that you can enter the prize draw from any stop (although we hope you will visit all the blogs on today's hop!). The linky will update itself on everyone's blog when a link is entered - how cool is that? Please remember to only enter your name ONCE into the linky list during the hop - you do NOT need to enter your name at every stop and multiple entries will be removed. It's not a requirement for you to comment at every stop along the hop to be eligible to be entered into the prize draw, but the DT would sure love to hear what you think of their new release creations!

Karen is also running some special bundle promotions, so be sure to hop on over to the YNS store once you've finished the hop. If you order all 9 World Kids stamps in one bundle, you will save 15% over the cost of buying them individually!

So onto my blog hop creation! I have used one of the adorable World Kids stamps called ERIN from Ireland:


I really wanted to recreate the Irish flag for the background of this card.  First I used some plain pieces of green, white and orange card, but once I'd coloured up the images and placed them on, it just didn't look right!!  So I rifled through my papers (they definitely need sorting, LOL!) and found an old SU paper pad from which I took the green and orange patterned paper.  I then found an 8x8 DCWV pad and found the gorgeous middle panel at the edge of one of the papers. The gold pattern is sparkly and feels like velvet!! So much better IRL than in the photo!  I also hand-stitched ... yep, that's right HAND-STITCHED the gold thread around the border.  I painstakingly pierced all the holes with my SU paper piercer and guide and then hand-stitched!! I adore the finish it's given to the card ... so now I absolutely NEED a sewing machine for my card making, LOL! 

Here is a complete blog hop list in hopping order:


So now it's time for you to hop on over to Sylvia's blog as she is the next stop on our hop, but I'd love it if you left me a comment before you go!

I'd like to enter this card into the Creative Card Crew challenge Show Us the Colours of Your Country!

Thanks so much for hopping with us today! I hope you enjoy our new release!

Hugs,


21 comments:

  1. Sem I can't even explain how much I LOVE this card, your coloring is sooooo inspirational!!!!!! I LOVE how you stamped her twice and made her look so differently, what a brillant design!!! LOVE THIS! I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! heheheh big hugs girly!!! Miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card yet again. You seem to come up with some fantastic idea . Not 1 but 2 little beauties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya Sem! I absolutely adore this card! I'm Irish with curly hair so this image really speaks to me :o)) Love your handstitching and the layout of your card and colours are perfect! I hope you get feeling better really soon!
    Big Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! Love that you made "twins" Their hair and outfits are colored to PERFECTION!!! Gorgeous papers and I love the stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your card, it is just perfect!
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent!!! Love how you used 2 girls on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute! These girls are my all time favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ma che belle gemelline! mi piace questa card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ABSOLUTELY NEED to have Erin!! She is sooo cute, love the stitching (I can't believe you hand stitched it, you sure have a lot of patience) :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Sem!! I just adore your coloring and the use of both Irish girls!! You totally rocked this image!! Your stitching is beautiful!! Hope you are feeling better soon.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I love the different hair colors.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just ADORE your coloring!!! This is such a fabulous creation, Sem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOve your card the colors are wonderful and the backgrounds bring out the images.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Erin's my favourite...

    Outi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute colored images Simonne and this card is so cute. OMG, you hand stitched this border. You did the most beautiful hand stitch for sure!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a gorgeous card I'm Irish and I have to say the way you interpreted the Irish flag is gorgeous and the hand stitching fabulous I also love the lil Irish dancing Girlies so cute hugs mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea to use the flag aas color inspiration! And your wee little lasses are aorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is such a clever idea, amazing inspiration


    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x