Wednesday, 19 January 2011

YNS Challenge #34: Baby it's Cold Outside...

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Welcome to YNS Challenge #34!!  It's the lovely Linda's turn to host this fortnight's challenge and she has given us the wonderful theme of "Baby It's Cold Outside" (love that song!), and so we want to see you.... CREATE A WINTER SCENE.

I wanted to think a little 'out-of-this-box' on this one and try not to use the usual trees or skating/sledding images and so I went for this cute Fhiona's Gingerbread house which I have coloured to make it look like it's covered in snow! This stamp is very versatile.  Even though I have coloured it in traditional 'Christmas' colours and so made it look wintery, you could colour the ground snow as grass and the icing snow in a different colour and make a bright and cheerful summery card!  In fact, I think I'll try that next time, so watch this space, LOL!
I do hope you will pop by the YNS Challenge blog and see what yumminess my YNS DT sisters have made - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Oh this card is a wintry dream come true I love all the sparkle & blind that brings this card alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy! Beautiful colouring and card! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing card. I love colours. Whilst they are the traditional xmas red and green you have used lovely soft shades

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sem!This is beautiful!I love the paper and that sweet image!Your coloring rocks!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. I love how you have coloured the image
    Debz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x