Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Whimsy Stamps December Rubber Release

Hello and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps December new rubber release BLOG HOP!

We have NINE gorgeous new Whimsy Stamps to show you today! These new stamps are available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. We also have our wonderful special guests joining us for this hop - the amazing trio of Bev, Deb, and Beate!

Here is a full list of the super fabulous new rubber stamps being released today:

Winter's Joy (Crissy Armstrong)
Valerie's Gift (Crissy Armstrong)
I'd Follow You Anywhere (Crissy Armstrong)
Love in a Bucket (Crissy Armstrong)
Cozy Cap Mouse (Meljen's Designs)
Penguin's Present (Meljen's Designs)
Love Letter Seals (Raindrop Echo Designs)
Music Notes Background (Raindrop Echo Designs)
Friendship Tickets (Raindrop Echo Designs)

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from the super-sweet and talented Crystal's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the beginning of the hop at Bev's blog.

The hop starts today (Wednesday December 8th at noon EST) and ends on Wednesday December 15th at noon EST.

For this hop we have 7 different prize draws - WOW! The grand prize of ALL 9 of the new release stamps is being hosted by ME right here on this blog at the very end of the hop, but there are also 6 mini candy stops throughout the hop! I'm not going to tell you where they are, so if you haven't found them you'll just have go back to the beginning and start hopping! *wink*

For my blog hop creation I just had to use the Music Notes Background stamp and alter some plain kraft moleskine cahiers again!  For those of you who don't know, I have been playing the piano since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this stamp!!!!!!!!  As this stamp is so beautifully detailed with a gorgeous vintage look, I decided to use my Versafine ink and not emboss as I wanted to keep the fine detail:


This stamp is very large (larger than my biggest acrylic block), so I used my Cuttlebug C-plate! Ha ha!  I'm sure everyone has their own way of using large stamps, but what I did was leave the stamp facing up on the table and apply ink. I then carefully laid the notebook on top and then placed my Cuttlebug A plate on top of the notebook and pressed down - perfect impression!


I also made a little dangly charm thing to hang from the knot of the ribbon.  I haven't quite figured out how to attach it 'right' at the moment, but you get the idea!


These pocket moleskine cahiers (9x14cm) make perfect gifts and are quick and easy to alter (provided you take care with your stamps, as if you make a mistake you've had it, LOL!).  You can buy them in different colours, but I usually buy the kraft ones.  They come in packs of 3 for £3.49 (so only around £1.16 per notebook!) and you can buy them ruled, plain and squared (the ones I have used are plain).  If you fancy reading about Moleskine or buying any of their notebooks, visit their website: http://www.moleskineuk.com/ - free UK P&P for orders over £10!  (NB I'm not affiliated with Moleskine in any way - I just love their notebooks and therefore wanted to share!).

My second blog hop project (a card) is not quite finished yet, but I will add it to this post when it is.  I really hope Mr Blogger cooperates and posts this scheduled post, as right at this minute I should be sat in the dentist's chair having emergency treatment for the tooth that was re-root-canalled almost 4 weeks ago!!  I originally had an appointment very early this morning, but when I got to the dental surgery I was told that the dentist was running an hour late (not sure how or why at that time in the morning!), and as my ride had another appointment that couldn't be missed at 10am I had to rebook the dental appointment for later today.  Then I received a phonecall from Erin's school at 12.30pm to come pick her up as she has an upset tummy.  She's had an "upset tummy" twice at school and now twice at home - hope it's just a 24hr thing and not anything more serious.   So....this is the reason why my second blog hop project hasn't been finished in time! Sorry guys!

So.....as I am the very last stop on the hop, all that remains is for you to enter the GRAND PRIZE DRAW by adding your name into the Linky list below. If for any reason the Linky tool isn't working, please check back later or email me and I'll add you when it's up and running. Entry into the grand prize draw is by linky tool ONLY.

Finally, here is a complete blog hop list in hopping order:

YOU ARE HERE ---> Simonne Clay <--- YOU ARE HERE

Thank you so much for hopping with us today and I hope you enjoy the new releases!

Hugs,


50 comments:

  1. These are brilliant. We can always rely on you to solve such a problem as the stamp being to big for the acrylic block. I have one of those now you have given be the answer. Thanks Sem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous Sem!! I just love the warm colors and the stamped background with the lush red and charm. Stunning!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the hop and your project is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simmone, that is such a great idea. Your notebooks look amazing! Thanks for the tip on how you mounted the stamp.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sem, I didn't know you were a piano player!! In that case, this background was designed specifically for you ;) I LOOOOOVE these booklets that you do. You really really know how to make use of these background stamps. Gorgeous creation!

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sem!! What a great idea to use that musical note paper for wrapping!! I adore the charms you've created!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I think I'm going to use that idea for a gift to a dear friend who loves to play the piano aswell.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Simonne I LOVE your altered notebooks with the fab Music Notes Background stamp! What a terrific idea! And thanks for sharing how you stamped that large stamp with your CB plates, great idea!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a vintage and romantic project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simone, I would just like to say a personal thank you for the Whimsy Blog Hop and for seeing such wonderful creations. The new stamps are all beautiful and you are all so lucky in that you've had chance to play with them before anyone else. Thanks again and I'd love to be put in the draw as I'd put any winnings to good use in my cards that I make to raise funds for different charities. Best wishes, kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This a fabulous stamp.What a great idea.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Simonne, love this idea and that stamp is of course perfect for a background!! Greetings, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Simone, I just want you to know this has been the best blog hop I have ever participated in. All of the creations by the design team are totally awesome. The inspiration shown by this team is amazing and I will be around for a long time to come. Been pretty lucky this week so I'm not going to order just yet in case I'm lucky enough to win something...lol
    "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Simonne! What a great idea and just in time for the holidays. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your creations with the cahiers...very stylish...great idea to use your notebook!...hope your kid's tummy is going well...
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning have so enjoyed the blog hop.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are positively stunning!! Great use of the stamps :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are really great, what a fab idea. Love that music stamp and the charm is so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a day you've had - hope the tooth soon ok and the little one with the tummy bug! Your note books look gorgeous and the ribbon and charm set them off a treat! Thanks for the chance of winning - Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card and great blog hop thanks to you and all of the other dt for the inspiration and chance of wining some candy hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful stamp Sem and great use of cuttlebug plate :-)
    Love your gorgeous design with the lush ribbon and charm.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simonne these notebooks are just beautiful! Just an awesome idea for these background stamps too! Love the ribbon accents and the charm one too! FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a very creative idea.. :) Thanks for sharing your talent with us.. and for the chance to win.. :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant idea Simonne, love the notebooks with the music background, and the ribbon and charms are a real lovely touch to them. I also use my cuttlebug plates for the large stamps.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sem this is sooo creative and sooo AWESOME!! LOVE the music stamp and your added creative charm..You never seize to amaze me girl!!! Beautiful work sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous notebooks love the vintage look
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. These notebooks are so pretty! I love the little charm you made! I love the music note background too! What a great image with endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are stunning, Simonne! fabulous ribbons and I love that charm. I wish I could play piano...
    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these and that musical stamp is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whoops, forgot, I don't have a blog so please add me in for the drawing, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These look great, as you can read music is the score of a well known piece of music or just random and if random does it sound any good when played. What a fab way to give a gift, hope Erin is feeling better and your dentist trip wasn't too traumatic and you aren't feeling too bad, nothing worse I think than tooth related aches. Thanks to all at whimsey and friends for a fab blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great idea, I love the vintage vibe, and the charm is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow i love the music stamp, such a brilliant idea with the larger stamp to use a cuttle bug plate. Thanks for the chance to win such wonderful candy.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  34. your books are so gorgeous, beautiful stamping! Hope the dentist visit went well and that your daughter is over her tummy bug! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Simonne,
    My first Bloghop was fantastic. I have seen so much beautiful creations. I loved them all. And the stamp that you used for the notebook is marvelous.
    Greetings from Belgium
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your beautiful project! TFS how you used your wonderful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love participating in this hop and your project is gorgeous.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  38. Superb Gift Simonne!!!
    You are a thinker and I always love to see what you come up with:)
    Blessings of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  39. Necessity is the mother of invention. I have used the top of a cookie can but the C-plate is a much better idea!
    Love your little music note pocket books. Perfect for a music teacher or student!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh how nice this is, I love this backgroud stamp!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! The C plate!?? :) That's some idea!!! That notebook looks amazing! Really nice and simple!

    Oh, and what a wonderful blog hop! It was really nice playing along with you guys!

    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great project. I love the vintage look. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cool image and another awesome project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. simplly stunning! Perfectly done! Thanks for the awesome hop and amazing grand prize chance.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This a fabulous stamp.What a great idea.
    Hugs Manueal

    ReplyDelete
  46. That music background stamp is my favorite in this new release too! And I love the suggestion you have for using Cuttlebug plates as X-Large stamping blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for sharing your fab project, those notebooks look wonderful transformed with that music script stamp. fabby!Enjoyed the blog hop and great fun to see the new release. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x