Monday, 6 December 2010

Sketch Saturday #132: Santa's coming to town!


Hello everyone!

It's DT week over at Sketch Saturday and so time for our wonderful leader Jo to take a break and for one of the SS DT to take over!  This week it's the sweet Terry's turn to set the sketch, and what a fabulous sketch it is (thanks Terry!).  We are being sponsored by Your Zoap, a Dutch company who are offering a €25 gift certificate to one lucky entrant!  And our GDT for December is none other than the amazing Bev Rochester!


For my SS DT card, I decided to go for a Whimsy Stamps Christmas!  I used the following 3 Whimsy stamps and 2 Whimsy Shapeology dies to create my card:


The ticket sentiment was created by first stamping the blank ticket die onto white card and then using my stamp positioner to stamp "Santa's Coming to Town" in just the right place (both these stamps are part of the Holiday Ticket Sentiments stamp set).  I then cut out the ticket using the Whimsy Shapeology die which has been made just for the ticket stamps! Neat!



Now you may be wondering where the snowflake is from the Winter's Jewel die (above), right?  Well, I used the die to cut out 2 green snowflakes, then I cut them up into 6 pieces, stuck 3 back together and then popped on three 4mm red flatback pearls to create some red mistletoe/holly to match the design of one of the DP I used!  I always thought that mistletoe berries are white(?), but the leaves of the design on the DP are definitely not holly and look like mistletoe leaves, yet the berries are red! Well, whatever it is, I thought the snowflake die helped me create a great match!


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. OLLCB68 Christmas Song My card is inspired by "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"
2. Stamp Something - Christmas Colour Combo
3. Secret Crafter #112 - Christmas

Thanks for dropping by today, and I hope you like my creation!

I will be back tomorrow with my Sparkle Creations challenge card, and then on Wednesday we have another fabulous WHIMSY STAMPS NEW RELEASE!!!  WOO-HOO!!  The Whimsy rubber DT are going to be holding a fabulous blog hop, and we will be giving away LOADS of stamps! So make sure you check back then for some Whimsy inspiration!

Thanks for dropping by and hope to "see" y'all tomorrow!

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Another amazing card Sem. I love the way you have done the holly/mistletoe embellishment. Colouring superb as always. Santa is adorable in his bunny slippers. My wish list is longer than that though. Josh and Lucy flew in today after being delayed but Santa said I couldn't play until xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! Love the little wish list/ticket and the papers are just yummy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa image is such a cutie, stunning card and yummy papers, love all the embellies too :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fabulous card Sem, love the cute Santa.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sem!! This is just GORGEOUS girl!! I love your layout and stunning coloring!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOWEEE Sem I TOTALLY LOVE how you used this image, GORGEOUS work sweetie, you are amazing GF!!!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya sweetie, LOVE IT LOVE IT and yep LOVE IT....yummie...your card is amazing and also your colors and coloring Sem thank you sweets for making such a fab card with my sketch Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your card is fabulous and your coloring perfect infact iI love everything about it
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Ooh La La Creations with such a lovely card. Hugs, Anne (OLL DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so adorable! I love how you used the snowflake to make holly - how clever! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x