Wednesday, 24 November 2010

YNS Challenge #30: The Borrowers

Happy Wednesday everyone!  [Fingers crossed Blogger posts this pre-scheduled post at 8am today]

It's time for a brand new challenge over at YNS Challenges and this fortnight we are challenging you to CASE a member of the YNS DT.  Heather Rolin, our past YNS DT member chose this challenge before she left, so I would like to say thank you to her for picking such a FAB and FUN challenge! :o)

CASE is an acronym for Copy And Share Everything. The idea is that you choose a specific piece of work and take inspiration from it.  You can be very literal when CASEing and create an exact copy of the work you have chosen as inspiration. Alternatively, you can use the work you have chosen to copy as a starting point, lifting one or two elements like the general style of the piece, or perhaps a colour.

For your YNS CASE creations, we would like you to choose a YNS DT member, visit their blog, pick one of their creations (past or present) and CASE it.  You can either copy it exactly or put your own spin on it, but we do need to be able to see that you have CASEd a specific creation.  Therefore, please post a picture of the original card/creation you CASEd in your blog post, giving credit to the original artist, so we can see your individual take on it!

I chose to CASE two members of the YNS DT!  Here is my first creation ... can you guess who I've CASEd?


....it's the gorgeous and super-talented Jenny.  I absolutely ADORE Jenny's style of creating.  Some would call her style CAS (clean and simple), but I think she has a style all of her own and so I call it JSS (Jenny Suchin Style)!  Hee hee!!  It was incredibly difficult to choose one card to CASE, but I ended up using this card as inspiration.  Jenny created this card for our most recent YNS hop, and you can see her original post on her blog here.


Now, I know that my CASE of Jenny's adorable card is certainly not clean and simple, but as I was creating it kept evolving to what it is now, LOL!  I'm not really a 'distress' girl (...although I certainly get distressed, LOL!), but for some reason I had it in my head that Fhiona was in France.  So first came the shutters idea - I sanded, inked and generally distressed these.  Then I found a piece of DP that I thought look like an old, rendered French wall...and well, the rest came together rather quickly.  The window shutters even close, and I am really pleased with how my climber/trellis came out:




Second I chose to CASE the wonderful and fabulous Beth.  I also think that Beth has a style that is uniquely hers - I can always tell that a creation is a "Beth masterpiece" as soon as I see it! Hee hee!  Again, I chose to CASE one of the creations she made for our most recent blog hop. I really wanted to CASE her wondeful bauble, but I couldn't find one anywhere! Pooh!  So I settled on CASEing her fabulous card, and this time I kept it pretty close to the mark.  You can see Beth's card and bauble HERE on her blog.

Here is Beth's adorable card:


and here is my CASE of it:


I have loved this challenge so much!  It has been a blast seeing who each member of the DT has CASEd and how they've actually done it!  Be sure you pop on over to the YNS Challenge blog to see everyone's FABULOUS creations - they are terrific!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Your CASE cards are beautiful!!
    Ive never heard of CASE before....so I have learned something new today :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semsee they are both stunning cards. The first one is Magnificent exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cards
    each with such beautiful details
    I love trellis, is very French

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem these are great Caseings!!!! Thank you for your kind words and those baubles I got many moons ago at Archivers or a quarter a piece...I have but a few left.Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to tell you that your window card is BEAUTIFUL!!! The way you did the little flower box and the trellis~STUNNING, girl! Your Fhiona and Friend Penguin card is so adorable too! I just love the colors you used:) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are just darling! I love how you did the shutters and flower box on the first, so pretty!
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful cards,I love the images and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That window card is stunning Sem! All those fabulous details...WOW! I'm with Kerri, I love the colors you used for the Fhiona and penguin card too! Awesome CASE cards!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both adorable Sem!! You totally rock girl!! That first card is so creative and fun!! Love the trellis, window box and design....can't forget your awesome coloring either.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww Sem these are all just beautiful, and oh my,,, such awesome detail, thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Sem! I especially love the first one, it's stunning! :)

    hugs, vanja

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning work! your attention to detail is spot on ;)
    Hope you are ok hunni (hugs)
    and hope you have a fab week
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my i LOVE LOVE how you did the window!! how adorable!!! soooo cute!! and i love the next card!! sooo cute!!! xoxo :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Simonne. I love your cards and blog. I recently cased this card you cased. Does that make sense? You can see my card at www.pinkposhcards.com/blog. Thanks for wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x