Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Whimsy Stamps November Rubber Release Hop

Hello and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps new release BLOG HOP!

The DT have SIX fabulous new Whimsy rubber stamps/sets to showcase today .... and some BRAND NEW Whimsy products! Intrigued?  Read on....

Whimsy Stamps is now extending and adding to the rubber and digital stamps with it's own range of.... DIES and PAPER! Yes, that's right!!  It's all so terribly exciting!! 

The dies are officially called the "Whimsy Shapeology Die Collection" and the very first one to be released is the Ticket Die which works perfectly with all Whimsy's ticket die stamps!! Whoop whoop!!  The ticket die is available to buy now, but that's not all... we also have a second die which is a gorgeous snowflake designed by Crissy.  The snowflake design can be pre-ordered from today and will start shipping around November 22nd.

We also have the first 2 packs of 6x6 designer paper created by Ann and Crissy (2 sheets of each of 12 designs for a total of 24 sheets per pack) which are being released today!!  It is fantastic to see Whimsy growing like this and even more fantastic to be a part of it - thank you Denise! :o)  And thank you Ann and Crissy for continuing to share your amazing talent! :o)

Okay, so if you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from the amazingly talented and oh-so-wonderful Crissy's blog, make sure you go back to her as she is the first stop of the blog hop!

The hop starts today (Wednesday October 10th at noon EST) and ends on Wednesday November 17th at noon EST.

For this hop we have 7 different prize draws - that's right ... count 'em...SEVEN prize draws!! WOW! The grand prize of ALL 6 of the new release stamps plus the brand new Whimsy ticket die and some of the new designer paper is at the end of the hop (Bev's blog), but there are also 6 mini candy stops throughout the hop! I'm not going to tell you where they are, so you'll just have to keep on hopping to find them! :o)

For my first project I really wanted to use this gorgeous stamp from one of Ann's new sets entitled Christmas Tree in Words.  I won't tell you how many failed attempts I had using this stamp, LOL, but in the end I settled on a very simple design that took 4 times as long to design than it did to make!! :o) 


I stamped the image in Versamark onto some Core'dinations cardstock and then embossed it with gold embossing powder and my long forgotten heat gun.  I then sat staring at it for ages, trying to think of what to do with it.  I tried patterned paper, adding it to a white background...nope nothing! So I pulled out my tried and tested SU Kraft cardstock - I find it matches everything!!  I then remembered something I'd done ages ago - to punch out the corners of the image, add some brads and then wind some twine around.  I started with the SU twine, but it didn't look festive enough, so I pulled out the SU gold elastic and used that (I don't own any gold ribbon!).  I also don't own any gold brads (...you're probably catching on that I'm not really a gold type of gal!), but instead used the gold embossing powder on my silver ones and hey presto, vintagey looking gold brads!


For my second project I really wanted to use Ann's new Winter Seals.  As soon as I saw this stamp set I new they needed to be made into tags.  So I used my nesties, some double-faced satin ribbon, added a few matching pearls for the holly berries, and distressed the edges using some brown chalk ink.  I am really please with how they came out despite them being very labour intensive (running each piece through the Cuttlebug twice to cut and then emboss) and intend to make more using wine-coloured ribbon and pearls, and perhaps black ribbon and pearls. 



I used another stamp from the same Winter Seals set to stamp To and From on the reverse of the tag:


I am really pleased with my new release creations, as I really wanted to not use my Copics and step out of my comfort zone this time around by making something I wouldn't usually create!  I hope you like them too and that they inspire you to use these stamps a little differently!

So now it's time for you to continue the hop by hopping on over to the fabulous Marley's blog where I know she has something uber-amazing to show you!

But before you go I just want to let you know that Ann has created 10 new custom rubber stamp designs that are available to buy in the store from TODAY!!  So much Whimsy goodness!! Yum!

Thanks for hopping with us today, and I hope you enjoy the new releases!

Hugs,

105 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous Simonne! Love the simple elegance of your tree card and that twine was a fun idea! And those tags are too cute! Will have to make some of these for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what awesome creations Simonne!! I love the simple design of the tree card. And your tags are just lovely and beautiful! I love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, fabulous creations, love how you embossed the tree, can't wait to try that but first I need a new heat gun, only have my UK one! So love your tags, gave me inspiration for my project I am working on for tomorrow, thanks hun! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous projects! love those gift tags!!! so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the seals.. :) what a creative and beautiful card too :) thanks for sharing off to the next inspirational blog..for the hop..HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem!! These projects are so gorgeous!! I love your elegant style and design!! Fab idea!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so elegant great colourcombo.
    The tags are looking awesome.

    Grtzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, very sophisticated. Love the labels, but yes, loads of work!!
    Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks very pretty
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both projects are wonderful. I really LOVE the tags. You're right, the stamp set is perfect for tags and yours are just gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card love the tree stamp the tags are brilliant
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both projects. They look effortless even though they were not. Your card has inspired me to try something with a stamp that I have not been able to figure out what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Simonne this is GORGEOUS! Love the CAS card you created with the embossed tree...fantastic! And the tags are awesome too! What great ideas!!!

    Hugs Iris =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love your card, so simple, but so effective. That stamp is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifully clean and simple card and those tags ae stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy blog hop!

    Love your design - its really chic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that christmas tree stamp!!!! Such great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both the card as well as the tags are beautiful! Love your framing and layering.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Sem, love the way this card looks. Started the hop at Crissy, but cannot find on your blog the link - my blog is http://creamieke.blogspot.com
    Regards,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation sweetie so elegant husg Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Classy elegance. I love this and the tags are fabulous.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your creations are fabulous. I love that Christmas tree. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Sem!I love your the red,gold trimming,and your gold embossing!Your ornaments are amazing!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty I really like the tags:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The brads and gold twine around your beautifully embossed tree - simply gorgeous! I love this clean and royal look. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW Sem these are AWESOME I love the gold cording on your card and those tags are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a GORGEOUS card, and I LOVE the tags.

    Hugs

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the embossed card and tags.
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous creations! Love the elegant simplicity of your card!! So beautiful and the tags are just as pretty! The white on white is gorgeous!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! A fabulous card and tags - love them all.
    I am very tempted to order these winter seals - I love the way you can add the different sentiments into the blank space on the one seal.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooooh sooooo stunning!!! Just love the golden embossing against the red paper and those tags you made are completely fantastic!! Love the colours you've used and the cute little pop of red!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these tags and well done on such perfect stamping on textured card

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love the winter seals can't wait to get a set.
    Stampersue
    X

    ReplyDelete
  34. your projects are wonderful! I love the red and gold one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now there's a load of great ideas for quick and easy mass production of Crimbo cards and tags - you are one clever gal! And everything you make is always top notch - don't know how you do it!!
    Hugs

    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card and tags are beautiful and so elegant! I love this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card Simonne, the gold embossing looks fabulous with the red, and love those tags you've made too. I was planning something similar but ran out of time, though I can still make some.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, SemSee! These are just lovely, but I especially love the tags! Gorgeous!

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love you creations. I had the same idea with the gold embossing on the first card when i saw that beautiful stamp. That stamp set is going to be a 100% buy for me.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning creations, Simonne! the card is very elegant,I love the colours and the tags are so unicque and cute. fabulous.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, simply beautiful.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  42. meravigliose idee utili per il natale che sta per arrivare grazie saluti dall'italia rosa.kreattiva

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow!I love the colors,paper,and the gold framing!Those ornaments are amazing!I love the whole set!Awesome!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  44. These make wonderful gift tags and look like they'd be really easy to do. Love the card and the Word Christmas Tree. Awesome card! "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Sem, I love your tags, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  46. How very clever! Love the simple yet elegant style of your card! The tags are just perfect!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Semsee, what a beautiful card front,love all the heat embossing and those tags are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is very pretty - and Oh I love the tags you made with the new stamp - so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Card is so gorgeous and elegant!
    And those tags are just adorable!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love your vintage look tags! The bit of red and green are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  51. hi, your card with the gold is very elegant, I love the tree in words. And those tag... I love tags! And these are gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  52. hi, your card with the gold is very elegant, I love the tree in words. And those tag... I love tags! And these are gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great idea to make the tags I think they look good might have a go at these
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a lot of gorgeousness in one post....your creativity may have been time consuming but it was well worth the time! Can't wait to see all the new goodies, but love your tags especially.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the idea of threading the cord through the brads. It gives such a nice effect. I will have to remember that. The tags are beautiful and will add a wonderful touch to any gift! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  56. thank you for sharing your very elegant card, i love this stamp

    ReplyDelete
  57. Loved your card.Very ....regal. Beautiful and regal.
    Ive been making tags too. I know what you mean putting the card through again and again, but it is totally worth it.
    CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your creations are so pretty! I am glad I found the hop...I love seeing what everyone creates!

    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Very Nice sentement Tree stamp!! TFS and Loving this Blog Hop!!
    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really like your projects too!! Those tags are fantastic and your card... so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Gorgeous Work Simone~~ Love the gold embossing--very well done!!
    Blessings of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful projects! Great job stepping our of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Both your card and tags are wonderful. Your card is absolutely flawlessly gorgeous ! And I agree - perfect stamps for tags. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card and I love those Christmas tags.

    ReplyDelete
  65. You know they say necessity is the mother of invention....no gold brad, just change them! Good job! The card is very classic and elegant. Love the tags too! I could tell they were alot of work.
    Very nice! Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  66. Such a pretty card and what lovely tags!

    ReplyDelete
  67. A lovely classic card and I just love those tags!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  68. Your card is fabulous!
    The blog hop has some yummy prizes and can't wait for next week, fingers crossed!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh, the card is sooo pretty. Simple, gorgeous and a way old fashioned. Love it! And your tags are definitely very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful card and lovely tags... very elegant!!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. What an elegant card, just love it.Gold and red is a great combinatione.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love these there is just so much detail on them despite initally looking quite simple , fab and elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Absolutely gorgeous Simonne,Love the elegant Christmas tree,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful card, Simonne! Very elegant! And those tags are fantastic -love how you added two tiny red pearls! And the new seals are gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love both of your projects, especially the tags, they are so elegant!!
    Alice from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  76. Gorgeous creations! I absolutely love what you did with the brads and twine on the card - what a fantastic idea and so effective :o)

    Kylie F

    ReplyDelete
  77. wonderful card!It is so gorgeous and elegant.And the tags are just as pretty! :)
    Hugs
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  78. Oh I love this card, Sem! So Beautifully simple and elegant! Love the gold embossing on the red paper - so eyecatching! Your tage look lovely too! I have to try that! Beautiful work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  79. beautiful card and the tags are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love Both projects
    are precious
    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  81. So elegant, I love the gold stretchy ribbon, beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  82. This is a beautiful stamp.

    Your card is beautiful & elegant. The wine red & gold are a perfect combination xx

    Your tags are gorgeous & have definatly given me inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  83. Hey Sem

    This is truly gorgeous! i love it! hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hello Sem, wow this is just so elegant and beautiful, love the tags too, very nice!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  85. So elegant!
    Love the tag's great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Wonderful card, simple but elegant with the gold embossing... The tags are great tooo...

    ReplyDelete
  87. So great this card and tags!!
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow beautiful card looks gorgeous.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  89. Very elegant and delicate card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Your card is gorgeous - strange how something so seemingly simple can get so complicated -but the end result - so worth it!

    and the tags are lovely as well!
    hugs
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  91. Awesome work on your card. Love the Embossing Powder look on that tree stamp. And those tags are the coolest
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  92. Beautiful card very elegant! TFS

    xdebrax@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  93. Wow both of them are gorgeous hun and beautiful blog too :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  94. These are just so elegant love all the embossin too
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  95. Your projects are just lovely!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  96. love them all.. really beautiful job on the word tree.. just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  97. This is fantastic. Simple, clean and beautiful! A lovely old world feel to it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! You are an inspiration.
    Anna Banana

    ReplyDelete
  98. Simonne, I love what you have done, what an inspiration. I love the looks and something I need to try. Thank you again.
    Hugs CathyK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x