Saturday, 20 November 2010

Sparkle Creations sponsoring Card Patterns Challenge

Hey everyone!
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps is sponsoring today's new Card Patterns #91 challenge - woo-hoo!  Card Patterns is one of my favourite sketch challenge blogs, so of course I just had to join in!  Hee hee!  Here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it:


I'm quite pleased with how this card came out!  I feel that I've been in a real card-making slump lately, but when I saw this sketch I immediately thought of a bauble hanging from a tree!  I think it would have looked better if I'd had some different tools to cut out the tree layers, but as I don't own loads of crafting tools I had to make do with what I have!  I used my old scallop scissors to cut out the layers, inked around the edges and used a green pencil to add a little depth.  I was going to cover my bauble with glossy accents, but I was a bit scared the Memento ink or my Copic inks would run, so I chickened out, LOL!  I was lucky to find some gold ribbon tied around a toiletry gift set I received last Christmas, and so I was able to use it to finish off the card (note to self - must buy some gold ribbon for Christmas cards!).  When our daughter saw this card she said that it looked like the elf was creeping past the tree and his image was being reflected in the bauble!  I quite like this, even though I made the bauble as a conventional printed one! LOL!

I have also been working on a Your Next Stamp card for the past few days, which is a little out-of-the-box for me.  I'm really enjoying being able to think about it, do a little, and then come back the next day and do a bit more.  Don't get me wrong - it's certainly not a card that takes a long time to make, but I'm just loving being able to create when inspiration strikes! :o)

So, if you fancy being popped in the draw to win a SCRS stamp, why no hop on over to Card Patterns and join this week's challenge!

Thanks for dropping by!
Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Wow SemSee this is so terrific with all your amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! I love how he's hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card
    I love the layers of the tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this, Sem! Such a cute and clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another wonderful card. You come up with the most amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Sem,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Sem.
    I love the idea of the bauble and Christmas tree, brilliant!

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sem, this is darling!! I love your take on the sketch and how you've made it look like a partial tree!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love this, Oliver looks so adorable, I may just have to CASE this one!
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x