Wednesday, 13 October 2010

YNS#27: Nicely Negative


Okay, so I'm pretty sure I have the full-blown flu - urgh!!  Haven't slept a wink for the past 2 nights, am going through tissues and strepsils like there's no tomorrow, am probably infecting the rest of the household by sneezing every 2 minutes, and am generally feeling very sorry for myself, LOL! 

I should have taken everyone's advice and stayed in bed, but no, being the stubborn person I am I sat and made my Your Next Stamp Challenge 27 creation yesterday.  Beth is challenging us to stamp light ink onto dark cardstock so it looks like a 'negative'.  I ADORE this challenge and had what I thought was a fab idea in my head.  I even spent some of the night before's sleepless episodes thinking about it, but unfortunately it didn't turn out like I'd envisaged!!  Pooh!  It's a 3x3 notecard and the intention was to make a dozen of these as invites for the Halloween party our daughter is having.  She really loves the design, but I'm going to have another go in a few days - see if I can come up with something a bit more special.  Perhaps I should ditch the white card for some patterned paper with a bit of colour in it?  Yep, I'll try that!! :o)

Do pop along to the YNS Challenge blog and see what my YNS DT sistahs have made - much, much better than my attempt, LOL!  But I'm not disheartened ... onwards and upwards, LOL!

Thanks for popping by!

Shiver, splutter, cough and ....aitchoo!!!! (sniffly grin)
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Great card, love the image! I would never think to stamp on dark card! Great Idea! Hope you are feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice & fun creation Simonne. I will never get disappointment by visiting your blog every time. You always have fabulous projects to share :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem this is a wonderful flu induced of a creation! Thanks for everything you do for YNS! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the simplicity of this card makes it perfect! And I do hope you'll take the time to rest and feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your use of the nicely negative challenge. Your white inking of the haunted house is perfect!! The distressing and punched edges really finishes it off beautifully!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the image looks terrific, and yes, I think a pop of color with patterned paper would be just what you are looking for! Feel better soon, girlie! Sending lots of get well wishes and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOWEEE Sem sweetie you really aced this challenge...LOVE LOVE your spooky house and the black and white is genious girl!!!! Sending big hugs and well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x