Thursday, 7 October 2010

YNS BLOG HOP - It's Starting to Look a lot like Christmas!

* 3rd post of the day *
Please scroll down for my Sparkle Creations Sneak Peek and Paper Makeup Stamps Hop post


Welcome to the Your Next Stamp Winter Release BLOG HOP!

The YNS DT (plus some fabulous guests!) are showcasing some fabulous new YNS Winter and Christmas stamps today! These new stamps are available to buy right now from the Your Next Stamp store along with all your YNS favourites.

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from Beth's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the start of the hop at the Crystal's blog, as you don't want to miss these fab new releases!

The hop starts today (Thursday, October 7th at 9:00 EST) and ends on Tuesday October 12th at midnight (EST).

For this hop we have 4 different prize draws - how FAB is that? The grand prize of a surprise new release stamp package is at the end of the hop (Karen's blog), but there are also 3 mini candy stops throughout the hop where you can win a new release stamp! I'm not going to tell you where they are, so you'll just have to keep on hopping to find them, but I can tell you that I'm hosting one of the mini candy draws!! Yay!!

So to enter my mini candy draw to win this adorable Merry Mouse Candle stamp, all you need to do is add your link to InLinkz at the end of this post and also leave me a comment (just in case there is a problem with the widget!). I will draw a winner on October 13th after the hop ends.


Not only are we hosting 4 prize draws, Karen is also holding a 15% OFF sale at the YNS store to celebrate the new release!!! WOO-HOO!!!  So once you've finished hopping, get yourself on over to the store and spend up large!!

Now, I have somewhat of a sad story to tell you about my blog hop creations.  I did actually make a fabulous stationery box using this tutortial at SplitCoast Stampers.  I used the new Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather paper (12x12 sheets plus 6x6 pad), and made 6 cards, 6 notelets and 6 tags using 6 different YNS new release stamps.  My crafting table was a bit of a mess, and unbeknownst to me, under this mess was an almost finished cup of tea.  I wanted to add some paper piercing to my notelets, but as I was pulling the end cap off the plastic cylinder that my SU paper piercer lives in, it popped off all of a sudden, causing my right hand to 'fling' and yep, you've guessed it, knocked over the tea....all over my neatly put together stationery box.  I don't usually curse and swear, but let me tell you the air was pretty blue at this point!  I tried to carefully sponge dry everything with copious amounts of paper towels, but after everything had dried it was slightly tea-stained (I drink Earl Grey, so not too strong) but extremely wrinkly, so I had to throw it all in the recycling ... SOB, SOB!!!  Oh, I'm SO upset with myself.  It looked awesome!  And of course, because it wasn't completely finished I hadn't taken any piccies.  I was going to send it to Karen as well so she could take it to ScrapFest, as I thought it was a great way to show off several YNS stamps at once.  Oh, I'm gutted!!!!  I will make another, but as this happened yesterday I couldn't make one in time for today.

Okay, so enough of my sob story.  What I can show you today are the 3 cards I made with the Winter Warm Up set of stamps.  I sneak peeked the first of these cards on Monday, but here is it again along with the other two.  If you're a regular visitor of my blog, you will see that I'm definitely getting into a more CAS style at the moment, and these cards are no exception:








So now you need to continue the hop by hopping over to Sylvia's blog but remember to enter my mini candy draw below and leave me a comment before you leave!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hope you enjoy these amazing new releases!

Hugs,


40 comments:

  1. So sorry about your bad luck. It has happened to me too! Your creations are fab - so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet cards you have created Sem! Beautiful simple designs but so effective and so gorgeous!

    Oh I feel your pain, girl. I can imagine the tears after putting in so much hard work. Grrr!! ;) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your misfortune with your project! We all miss out!! I am sure it a wowzer project too!! Love your card set!! Great CAS creations!! You rock every style you create.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkle you added to your pretty trio of CAS cards. Thanks for the chance to win that cute YNS mouse stamp too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your story is heartbreaking!! Your cards are delightful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful set of cards - really lovely. I feel your pain on the tea accident - I've done that myself and it wasn't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are soooo cute!! Love that little stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart is breaking for you again, Simonne! I'm soooo sorry!!! Your CAS cards are fabulous, and I love how all three of them are so different and coordinate so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand it feels so bad to throw your labor into recycle basket. But your these creations are fabulous. love the CAS style and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's ok hunny! I still love you! Your mug cards are fabulous!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sem!I love this set!All your cards are amazing!I love it!Sorry about your project!Awesome!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to hear about your little mishap. That is so aggravating when like that happens. You did a great job on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh..>I have long admired these stamps!! Boy...too many darling images, too little stamping time in my life! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about your project. Makes me want to cry along with you. :( I know it was awesome!!

    Your mug cards are so elegant and whimsical at the same time. Love the touch of glitter on the green and the tiny bling on the red!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanna send you a hug gf...I have done that myself a couple times..UGH!!!! I LOVE your set here its FABULOUS!!! Big Hugs girly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your stationery box. I hate it when that happens.. LOVE the cards btw.. plain and simple

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry about the tea adventure! :o) Glad to know that I am not the only one who has a work space that can get like that!

    smiles,
    Karen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about the tea incident. Bummer. But, your cards are awesome! Love those steamy mugs of yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your projects made me feel warm and fuzzy.
    Thanks.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your story made me sad! And worried about the numerous half-drunk Diet Cokes on my craft table. Your cards are lovely.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry about your Tea spill, hope to see your replacement project soon. BUT love your winter warmup mug cards... made me buy the stamps I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sure your stationary box was gorgeous! I'm sorry that is ruined :( On the upside I adore those mugs! Especially since coffee makes my world go round :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So adorable. Your carda are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear bout the accident with your stationery box...don't you just hate it when that happens??? I'm sure you'll be able to create another fabby one.. maybe one that's even better!

    Love those simple CAS cards you created too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very classy set of cards. Sorry to hear about the stationery box Glad you will be makin another one as no doubt it was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute mugs love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute cards! You've done an awesome job on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These little stamps are adorable. I can think of so many uses for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards are great! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute--sorry about your tea story!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These cards are so SO cute! Great job with the mugs! I love the CAS look of these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are cute cards! So sorry about your spill.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great set of cards, I've just bought some mug/cups stamps and you've now given me some inspiration to use them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful set of the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, I know your stationery set was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x