Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Sparkle Creations Challenge #14: CAS


Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! 

This week we are challenging you to create a CAS card, and if you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I've been embracing this style recently (I will admit, sometimes out of necessity, LOL!).  I am really suffering with an awful cold and a extremely painful and sore throat at the moment, so to sit and enjoy a bit of colouring and then pop the card together really quickly was perfect for me! 

For my CAS creation I used one of the brand new Holiday stamps that were released on Saturday - Holiday Emily.  I really enjoyed colouring her in traditional red and green with a splash of purple.  Next time I colour her I think I will give her a different look and a different coloured candy cane - perhaps a black and pink combo would look cool?




I do wish I hadn't used an embossing folder on the purple card, not because I don't like the embossing but because I always use Core'dinations Colorcore cardstock, and I don't think the lighter core showing through works.  Now that the new SU catalogue is out, I must stock up on the new card...just waiting for the finances to look a bit better first before placing my order, LOL!

Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Do pop along to my SCRS DT sistahs' blogs to take a peek at their beautiful CAS challenge creations:


Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring as always. I love the use of glitter on her dress and shoes. I managed to resist her has have ordered Josh and another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just darling and I love how festive her outfit is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful adorable card Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, she looks fabulous in purple and red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love the clean look and your marvelous colouring!
    hugs
    Annik

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x