Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Sparkle Creations challenge #13 and Sneak Peek!

Welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge and Day 2 of our new release Sneak Peeks!!  Just in case you don't know, Sparkle is releasing 6 brand new SCRS stamps this Saturday and we are hosting 5 days of sneak peeks in the lead up to the grand release and blog hop - woo-hoo!


This week's SCRS challenge is one of Mary's fabulous sketches (miss you already, Mary!) and some of the DT are sneak peeking CAROLING JOSH today!


Now, you're probably thinking that my card doesn't really follow the sketch right?  Well, the plan was to turn the sketch 90 degrees to the right, and so my 'horizontal' strips would actually be vertical ones to the left of the image.  I was then going to replace the flower with a circle sentiment.  Well, I ended up staying up very late to finish this card, and once I'd glued down the 'vertical' strips, I realised that I'd stuck them on with the main DP at the wrong angle - duh!!  I don't know if you can see, but the main green DP actually has text overlaid, and once I'd noticed this, I just couldn't have the text anything but at the correct angle.  So I had to turn the card back around to the original sketch position, but then my image was the wrong shape for the sketch! Grr!!  So annoyed!!!  Of course....... I could have cut the image down like Steph did on her card!!!!

Okay, so enough of the moaning, LOL!  When I've added the sentiment, I'll update the piccie.  On a brighter note, I found a great and useful setting on our digi camera that allows me to "evaluate the white balance" at a press of a button.  So I can now take photos at night in a rubbish lit room without a flash!! Yippee!!!  The camera still won't capture pinky reds properly - you wouldn't know that I've used R59, R29, R27 and R22 to colour Josh's scarf, LOL!

Do pop along to my SCRS DT sistahs' blogs to take a peek at today's challenge/sneak peek creations:

Sparkle (also sneak peeking Caroling Josh)
Stephanie (also sneak peeking Caroling Josh)
Piali {GDT}

Yesterday (Day 1 of sneak peeks) saw Kim, Laurel and Lisa showcasing the fabulous new stamp 'Christmas Ruby', so if you missed them, be sure to pop along to their blogs and take a peek!

Tomorrow, Piali, Kim and Laurel will be sneak peeking another fabulous stamp from this awesome new release.  Then on Thursday I shall be back, along with Lisa and Sparkle, for Day 4 of our sneak peeks!!  So exciting! I promise you are going to LOVE these new releases!!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Holy gorgeous card! love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, sweet card Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great, even with your little "whoops", hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable, Sem! I love that you showed the entire image instead of whacking off his legs like I did.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite all the mishaps it is another stunning card, in fact another Fab card. Sure I will love the new releases but not sure my bank account will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Sem.
    It's the way you colour hair that gets me every time (I'm rubbish at hair).
    Fab colouring as always, and I don't think anyone would've noticed about the text on the main DP, but I would've had to have it the right way up too.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring on Josh is amazing! Especially the ear muffs - they look so fuzzy and real! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x