Friday, 24 September 2010

Whimsy Wedding

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have a brand new card to share with you that is a little different from my normal Copic-coloured offerings - a vintage-style wedding easel card:
 

Although I didn't use an actual image stamp on this card, I did use 4 Whimsy stamps from 4 different stamp sets to create the wedding cake.  No template was used - I simply sketched the cake before cutting, stamping and distressing all the 'tiers' and then popped them all together!  I used my awesome Bow Easy (TM) to create the tiny bow for the cake - wouldn't have been able to do it without it, LOL!  I don't mind admitting that I spent a LONG time adding and taking away embellishments for this card, so that it would look 'just right'. I also stamped and distressed the hydrangeas that are behind the brown roses - they started life as plain, stark white until I attacked them with a French script stamp and brown ink, LOL!!

Whimsy Stamps used:

'Cake stand' swirl - Whimsy Stamps Party Pony stamp set
'Swirl' stamped in brown on the pale blue cake tiers - Whimsy Stamps Proud Momma stamp set
'Heart swirl' stamped in brown on the kraft cake tier - Whimsy Stamps Untamed Love stamp set
'Heart' at the top of the cake - Whimsy Stamps Snippets Set 1



A few more piccies....



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Saturday Challenge #101 - Anything Goes
2. Sentimental Sundays challenge #21 - Wedding
3. A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge #122 - Anything Goes
4. ABC Challenge - D is for Distressing
5. PaperPlay Challenge #38 - Coffee & Cream

Thanks for dropping by, and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is just stunning Simonne, so love it, very creative, love how you used all the Whimsy stamps to create your cake! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sem, this is GORGEOUS!! I love the yummy chocolate colors you used and beautiful papers! Beautiful image - very elegant card! big hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! wow! wow!! This is truly fabulous!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Sem this is ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING!!! Oh my word these colors are GORGEOUS!!!You can't get any prettier than this GF!! You are amazing, LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem
    lovely design and colours absolutely breath taking, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is amazing! Brilliant card!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is stunning! Love the way you've made the cake...the papers are gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! I just picked my jaw off the floor! This is just unbelievably stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so lovely I love the paper piecing and brownie goodness! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is positively stunning Simonne, so elegant and creamy looking, yummy colours and gorgeous details!! I look forward to working with you over at Whimsy Stamps!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I would have never thought of combining different stamps like that! Gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning wedding card Sem!! I so love your paper piecing, your choice of papers and easel design! Beautiful gf!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sem this is awesome, love the whole thing, thanks for joining us at paperplay, good luck, hugs Lizxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x